What does calories remaining mean??

Sorry if this is a dumb question guys but I’ve been trying to figure this out all day... what is the calories remaining at the top???

Replies

• Afrosty08
    Afrosty08 Posts: 25 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Err... it’s how many calories you still have available to eat after all the foods and exercise you’ve logged?

Oh ok... I’m new to the app
  • Afrosty08
    Err... it’s how many calories you still have available to eat after all the foods and exercise you’ve logged?
    And also if I don’t log enough calories the app doesn’t let me save my info??
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Are you eating less than your calorie target? If yes, then you may not be able to 'submit' your diary but your info is still saved. Also, you shouldn't be eating less than your target.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Afrosty08 wrote: »

It'll be saved, you just can't complete your diary...MFP does not promote VLCDs...it means you are under-eating the minimum requirements for basic nutritional needs.
  • Afrosty08
    Do y’all think the calories in the app are very accurate? And if so how many calories a day do y’all eat? Just curious
  • bigjonb4116
    bigjonb4116 Posts: 153 Member

its not healthy to eat too little, so the app won't show what you have eaten if it deems it to be too low. and normally gives you a message saying that you are eating too little.
    if you log exercise it adds those calories to the food page so you can eat them back if you want (basically)
  • Afrosty08

its not healthy to eat too little, so the app won't show what you have eaten if it deems it to be too low. and normally gives you a message saying that you are eating too little.
    if you log exercise it adds those calories to the food page so you can eat them back if you want (basically)

Ok so I do exercise... that’s why it’s adding more for me to eat? And is it necessary to really eat more just because I work out?
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    i'm losing 2lbs a week on 1350 calories per day.
  • Afrosty08
    i'm losing 2lbs a week on 1350 calories per day.

Wow that’s great!! Yeah my app is telling me to eat 1200 calories I guess I can try that out since its the healthy way
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    You were told in your other thread to eat back exercise calories.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member

Ok so I do exercise... that’s why it’s adding more for me to eat? And is it necessary to really eat more just because I work out?

Yes, and yes.