Quitting sugar!?

Options
2»

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hi... I’m not quitting it but I am starting to cut the sugary snacks out. I started eating fruit as snacks and it’s working. Today I ate a candy it was too sweet after not eating candy for a while. So it gets easier. I was eating a lot of cereal bars before. After Easter I will be more committed.
    I sent you a request

But the peeps :)
  • soukyfitness
    soukyfitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your insights and advice! I probably should have been more clear- I meant sugars like cakes and processed sugars in cookies, candy, soda, etc. I'm pretty good about eating until I get in front of baked goods or candy and then that's when I go over my calories. I try to eat them in moderation but most of the time I still go over, which is why I was hoping to sort of quit cold turkey for a whole until I got my will power back and don't have quite a habit for grabbing them when in upset or emotional.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your insights and advice! I probably should have been more clear- I meant sugars like cakes and processed sugars in cookies, candy, soda, etc. I'm pretty good about eating until I get in front of baked goods or candy and then that's when I go over my calories. I try to eat them in moderation but most of the time I still go over, which is why I was hoping to sort of quit cold turkey for a whole until I got my will power back and don't have quite a habit for grabbing them when in upset or emotional.
    But that tactic, alongside that mindset, is exactly why you go overboard.

You will always be exposed to sugary foods. You practice habits and willpower when you find yourself in a reasonable situation. When you are filled with resent or fear or both, your habits and willpower goes out of the window. Feeling deprived is definitely something to be upset and emotional about. Eating should be enjoyable, not something to be proud of (IMO).