Is this breakfast good for weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    It looks like a perfectly reasonable breakfast; maybe a little low in protein, but that’s not an issue if there’s protein in your other meals. But... about those other meals? If you’re on 1200 calories, then using up more than a third of them on breakfast doesn’t leave you much for lunch and dinner, let alone snacks.

I’d probably lose the peanut butter entirely (it’s mostly fat), sub the whole milk for semi or skimmed, and add some Skyr (the vanilla flavour is great). That would both up the protein and reduce the calorie count.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    It sounds pretty good to me. I do think it feels a little high in calories for 1200/1300 a day.

My current calorie target is 1400 which has been an adjustment for sure.

I am aiming for 350 calories at breakfast including any coffee. Just to leave 450 calories for lunch and dinner. I am not a big snacker anymore. I might have some fruit after dinner. Or if the munchies hit in the afternoon some nuts or a few m&ms.

I like to eat my calories at dinner. Or maybe I am more hungry then.

This seems reasonable if you like to have more calories earlier. On days I do not get enough protein, I have been adding collagen powder to my tea. 70 calories for 18g of protein. No other additives or flavor. I also have done protein powder in my oats to add more bulk.

I do not seem to need a lot of protein for breakfast. I find oatmeal is more filling than eggs for me. So be sure to experiment. I need the carbs to feel full.