Emotional support needed

Options
2»

Replies

• CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    People are rude. I took my daughter to urgent care and the nurse and I recognized each other, but couldn't figure out from where. It turned out her son was a former student at my school. I asked who his teacher was and she said, "It was this heavy-set woman". It turned out that I was that teacher. It made me feel so bad. I've lost 50 something pounds since her son was in my class, and in her defense I'm sure it was an accurate description, but it didn't feel good hearing it. What was said to you was intentionally hurtful and inexcusable! That is just awful.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Kind of upset over a comment a patients family member said to me. She had been extremely rude and hindering patient care so I said she couldn’t come in the ambulance. She got mad at that and when the guys were putting the stretcher in she said “you should let her do it because she needs to lose weight”.

Don't let the turkey keep you from soaring with eagles. Let her comment roll off you like water on a ducks back. Hugs
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Snicker
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Retired cop here. We were taught to think of everyone as brain-damaged so that we didn't take anything personally. This was mid-career and it revolutionized our department's culture -- overnight, we became professional.

Similarly, my tractor trailer driving school emphasized the need for driving defensively because most "civilian" drivers were terrible drivers.