Keto Foodies?

KetoKitty666
KetoKitty666 Posts: 13 Member
Hi; recently joined MFP to start tracking macros; I’m looking for all the Keto Foodies to share recipe results with; as I become more acclimated to the lifestyle I’m for sure going to be doing some experiments in the kitchen!
Anyone else love food and staying Keto?

Replies

• rozann2
    rozann2 Posts: 13 Member
    I am doing Keto and IF..18:6. It is still slow going..I think I may be eating too much protein in the 6 hrs I do eat. I am trying to find replacements for protein that is not carbs.
  • VBolt95
    VBolt95 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello. I am new to keto, just started 3 days ago. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and sharing recipes. So far so good. I've managed to keep the keto flu away by drinking lots of water. Just feeling a little headachy today but nothing I can't handle. I know if I can get through this week, I should be good to go. I'm doing 20 net carbs a day. Believe it or not that's the easy part. Getting my fat up has been a little bit of a challenge. Who would have thunk it. LOL Anyone have any experience with fat bombs or recipes for their favorite.?
  • gusmich1
    gusmich1 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all. Started Keto a week ago. Made a fat bomb recipe last...kind of trial and error. It tasted a bit salty last night, but I'll know more when it's ready today. I'll keep you posted.
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Hey I’ve been strict keto for over a year, lazy keto for 4 years and low carb for 8. I’m also Paleo, so I don’t do dairy.
    I just got back on here as I’m trying to keep better track of my macros and calories.
    I love making keto cakes, breads, tortillas, pancakes and all the fun stuff. But right now I’m focusing on nutrient dense foods.
  • Patrik0702
    Patrik0702 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2018
    KETO ❤️
  • tiffanyroberts8689
    tiffanyroberts8689 Posts: 2 Member
    I am having problems with getting more fat than protein. Do any of you guys have food items that you eat to up your fat intake?
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    Wow so many newbies like me. I just started on the 12.
    This my sound gross but I take 2 tsp of cod liver oil a day its helping with my knee pain. I just drink a little warm lemon infused water after the cod liver oil has no taste. It was hard at first time just the thought of swallowing oil. I believe that 9 gm fat each tsp.
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    So many good ideas! I am newish to Keto. I have been on it for a little over a month. Please feel free to add me as a friend! I love to cook and try new recipes! Lots of great ideas so far! My most favorite keto meal has been Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken - https://therecipecritic.com/2016/05/creamy-tuscan-garlic-chicken/
  • screamingnoodle
    screamingnoodle Posts: 26 Member
    I've been doing Keto, for three weeks now. I've only lost 8lbs. I'm sure I'm not doing something right. I'd love to learn more.
    A lot of the reciepes I've been finding and making are from ruled.me. I'm finding that with still only having 20 carbs a day, that I'm not loosing any more weight.
    I'm looking for friends to offer any advise and help!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    second day of keto! I felt like complete crap yesterday :/ zero energy, cold hands and feet, hungry most of the day and then switched to nauseous and headachy. Not fun. Maybe doing a morning workout yesterday wasn't a good move! I feel slightly less awful today, but it's only 10 AM.. haha. I'm kind of surprised by these symptoms as I've been eating fairly low-carb (about 80% paleo) for the last few years - I didn't think cutting my carbs and upping my fat would be a big difference! I looooovveee fatty foods so I'm really surprised at the nausea but right now just thinking about eating something fatty makes me want to gag! Has anyone else experienced this when starting out? How long did it take to get better?
  • xMikeh
    xMikeh Posts: 12 Member
    I'm a week into Keto now, I haven't weighed myself or anything, but truth be told I'm kind of struggling to be able to meet some of the protien/fat/fiber counts. I too am doing IF!