Keto Foodies?

Options

Replies

• xMikeh
    xMikeh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am having problems with getting more fat than protein. Do any of you guys have food items that you eat to up your fat intake?

I make coconut fat bombs! Coconut oil, coconut flakes, and canned coconut milk. Tastes like nothing and delivers a good amount of fat.
  • gusmich1
    gusmich1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    gusmich1 wrote: »
    Hi all. Started Keto a week ago. Made a fat bomb recipe last...kind of trial and error. It tasted a bit salty last night, but I'll know more when it's ready today. I'll keep you posted.

Ahh well...it needs work. Bombed is the operative word. :( Not bad in coffee with lots of cream to cover taste...lol
  • LAdodgers_02
    LAdodgers_02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been doing keto for a year and a half. I feel you do reach a point where you for sure need to keep track of your calories. I bounce within 7 lbs up and down. I'm at 150 and my personal go is 140. So im back counting my calories and trying to b under 20 net carbs a day.
  • angelaauker
    angelaauker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm ketoing as well, is ketoing a word? If not it is now!
  • learn2teachkind
    learn2teachkind Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • mosciteacher
    mosciteacher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to keto, but have been low carb for 15 years... Is anyone else having cramps in their legs and feet?
  • ketofi
    ketofi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    12 weeks keto and using MFP - love it!! Feel better than I have in 10years, lost 10.5kg, 9cm off hips and 7cm off waist.
    Walking and doing total of about 10000 steps a day, nothing too strenuous ;)
    Have found over the weeks I’ve moved more toward healthiest fats I can, more avo, olive oil, nuts , salmon, trout, plus cheese , than just relying on bacon , red meat etc
    Also heaps of greens, broccoli, cauliflower and the odd tomate, beetroot and capsicum(both v high carb)
    Then moderate berries each day
    Portion control has been easy. Am aiming at 1200 calories a day for weight loss.
    Drinking heaps of water and plenty of salt- if I feel drained )rarely) I eat a couple of salt crystals and drink some water and it’s like an electric switch!
    Will post some recipes, is there s keto recipe section?
    Love to hear your successes :)
    KetoFi
  • ketofi
    ketofi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5 min Peanut coconut freezer cookies made a comeback..
    Warm 1/4 cup natural peanut butter with 1tblsp coconut oil, stir in 1/2 cup coconut threads, 1tblsp maple syrup, cinnamon and whack in freezer on a baking paper covered tray for 15 mins ... ridiculous7n8lq0f10jly.png
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm 13 weeks into keto, 11kgs (24lbs) down and collect keto recipes on pinterest. Feel free to check it out =) Also, would love some more keto friends on here if anyone's looking for more MFP friends https://pinterest.com.au/coolchick207/ketogenic/
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Also, if they're not keto, it's because I have an idea of how to make them keto.
  • Stacius
    Stacius Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am having problems with getting more fat than protein. Do any of you guys have food items that you eat to up your fat intake?
    Are you reaching your protein goal first? That is your number one priority. Once you've done that, then you can
    use the rest of your calories on fats, but your fats are not a goal, just a limit.
    second day of keto! I felt like complete crap yesterday :/ zero energy, cold hands and feet, hungry most of the day and then switched to nauseous and headachy.
    It sounds like you have the keto flu. Please ensure you are getting adequate sodium, potassium and magnesium in your diet. keto is causing your body to flush out all your electrolytes so you will have to supplement what your body is expelling. I personally take magnesium tablets, put lite salt onto my foods for potassium (even still I am not trying too hard with this and I know I should be) or eat spinach, avocado etc.
    New to keto, but have been low carb for 15 years... Is anyone else having cramps in their legs and feet?
    I wouldn't be surprised if you were low in magnesium. You should probably get a supplement.

Take my advice with a grain of salt though as I am currently on day 8 of keto, but I have been reading a tonne of information every day. I have lost 3.6kg (7.93lbs) with most of that obviously being water weight.

To the OP, you should look into fathead dough, which you can use to make pizza, calzones, cheese and bacon scrolls, etc, it has lots of uses!
    When it comes to recipes I am pretty lazy. I normally just pick a protein, add some vegetables and top it off with a fat of some kind.

Any ketoers are welcome to add me as a friend!
  • Klkbankert
    Klkbankert Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We've been doing keto since September 2017. My husband and I are both down (38 lbs for me and 50+lbs for him). We have found meal-prepping to be the key. I struggle to get my fat in, so I have found fat bombs to be very helpful. We follow "Low Carb Journey (Cooking Keto with Kristie)" on Facebook and have found this group to be very supportive and helpful. As inkyspambot said, she also has recipes/cooking videos on You Tube. She advocates for counting total carbs, not net. Her recommendation is to get no more than 7g total of carbs per meal. Kristie also has a few cookbooks out that I have found to be helpful.
  • rachgh3
    rachgh3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi; recently joined MFP to start tracking macros; I’m looking for all the Keto Foodies to share recipe results with; as I become more acclimated to the lifestyle I’m for sure going to be doing some experiments in the kitchen!
    Anyone else love food and staying Keto?

Hey!! Just started the old keto myself a week tomorrow! I'm on the look out for ideas too!! Please add me up if u would like to swap ideas x
  • rachgh3
    rachgh3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd love some more keto friends please feel free to add me x
  • ritnishster
    ritnishster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am Keto! I LOVE it. 13 days and down 12.4 lbs! I also combine Intermittent Fasting.

Even I want to start Keto but dont know fro. Where to start and how to start. Can you please send me the recipes for a day...I eat only chicken and seafood in Non vegetarian. Thanks
  • jrmie333
    jrmie333 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi; recently joined MFP to start tracking macros; I’m looking for all the Keto Foodies to share recipe results with; as I become more acclimated to the lifestyle I’m for sure going to be doing some experiments in the kitchen!
    Anyone else love food and staying Keto?

Me too
  • jrmie333
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Week 2 on keto. Had some migraine but up my water and had some salf i was fine. Looking to add friends and exchanges for keto recipes and ideas as well.
  • jrmie333
    Options
    I enjoy Cooking Keto with Kristie on youtube,i make her pizza crust and load it up,oh so good for a once a month treat,so much fat goodness!This was my first attempt,way to much so now i use half the dough for pizza and save other half for buns.
    3c4vdo8o6xzf.jpg

Wow what kind of dough do u use?
  • ekanesther
    ekanesther Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my first day on the Keto diet. Hopefully I am able to sustain it. A little support will go a long way. Thanks