Which is better white rice or brown rice?

Options
124»

Replies

• ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I always thought that white rice never had that nutritional vale to it. Reading some arguments on here had me question that theory. Opinions on this or corrections on this?
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/381241-nutritional-values-of-white-rice-vs-brown-rice/

I went for a few years thinking bad things about white rice. The worst part about that was that I was living in Japan at the time. Then the obvious hit me. It's food and it has a specific nutritional profile. If that profile fits within your day's goals and you want it, then enjoy. If not, then don't. It's that simple.
    Thanks for the input! Haha-Wrong place to hate white rice....What kind of foods did you eat?
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    When it comes to the debate between white rice and brown rice, my vote is that I'll have another beer.

:laugh:
    :drinker:

Or sake - probably my favourite form of rice, closely followed by Thai jasmine rice, then Japanese rice.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The one that's healthiest for you is the one that you won't overeat.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fried rice! Oh wait you mean healthier

LOL Made me laugh!
  • saeede83
    saeede83 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a home with rice being the main starch. I love the taste of white rice much better, but even they are not nutritionally that different, brown rice fills me up much faster than white and for that reason I'm gonna stick to brown rice.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I always thought that white rice never had that nutritional vale to it. Reading some arguments on here had me question that theory. Opinions on this or corrections on this?
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/381241-nutritional-values-of-white-rice-vs-brown-rice/

I went for a few years thinking bad things about white rice. The worst part about that was that I was living in Japan at the time. Then the obvious hit me. It's food and it has a specific nutritional profile. If that profile fits within your day's goals and you want it, then enjoy. If not, then don't. It's that simple.
    Thanks for the input! Haha-Wrong place to hate white rice....What kind of foods did you eat?

Honestly, a good mix of everything after I chilled the hell out. I didn't start really calorie counting until my last year there and even then I wasn't doing it quite right, but I made sure I ate a variety of foods, including plenty of fish and chicken. I had friends that couldn't relax and enjoy a decent meal because they wouldn't drink sake or eat white rice because it would "destroy their diets." I want to be as fit as I can be without destroying my love for life, social occasions, and trying new things.
  • jayebennett
    Options
    I like to half and half it.