Dieting When You're Married

Options
2»

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I never expected my husband to have to do anything differently.

I just eat less of the same things we always eat.

And now he's seen how successful that's been for me, he's lost weight doing it too.

You don't need to make yourself eat cauliflower if you don't like it.

You don't have to punish yourself to lose weight. You'll stick to it long enough to last the distance if you eat the things you like in the right amounts. Hugs.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I cook the same meal for everyone within reason.
    There's no need to make separate meals just adjust if needed.
    Last night we had pizza. I ate 1 slice and then had a portion of a 99cent bagged salad . The boys had several slices each and then had wings too.
    Tonight we had tacos.( I used that bagged salad so it isn't wasted,I Incorporated it into a different meal) I had less cheese and more salad and the boys piled theirs with cheese .
    Monday I'll make burgers. I'll use the rest of that same 99 cent bagged salad to top the burgers. The boys might have 2 each but I'll have one.
    I'm sure you get my point by now. Weight loss comes from eating less. You don't have to eat separate, just eat less.
    You mentioned that your on a budget. That's fine, it just takes some planning. Like I did with the 99 cent store brand bagged salad. Get your store circulars and sales ads. Plan out what you can get within your budget and plan out how you can make your portion less while still buying foods that will work out for your family.
    It takes some planning but can be done. Best of luck.