I'm starving... Not really, but I'm starving.

13»

Replies

• rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Adding small amounts of healthy fats (like nuts, a little bit of olive oil, avocados) in place of unhealthy fats, like saturated fats, with every meal will keep you satiated longer, as will high fiber foods and proteins. My calories are set at 1,200 by MFP because first of all, I'm very short, I have a lot to lose, I want to lose about 2 lbs a week and I'm not extremely active. You, on the other hand, only have 15lbs to lose, it looks like. So, you can set it at a half a lb or a1lb a week. I wouldn't go over 1lb a week. In any case your calories should be somewhere between 1,800 and 2,000. I get full off of 1,200 calories because I eat at least one of these items at every meal. Sometimes, I have to force myself to eat even though I'm not hungry just so I can reach 1,200 because people keep saying if I go under it's going to cause damage and cause my body to go into starvation mode, lowering my metabolism. I think if you incorporate some nuts, seeds, avocados, and olive oil in your diet you will not EVER be hungry. Eat 3 meals a day at 400 calories each, and 2 snacks at 300 calories each, include one serving of these items in each meal and snack and I think you'll be all set. That's about 1,800 calories. My Diary is open to friends, you are welcome to friend me if you want to take a peek.
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Don't be too aggressive or you will fail. And you may damage your metabolism over time. I also do agree with cottage cheese, or tuna is another lean protein. Remember, the more you exercise, the more you can eat. ;)