Be honest...we’re anonymous

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I don't read anything guys say here in this thread.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    boehle wrote: »
    slessofme wrote: »
    slessofme wrote: »
    Alright I hope I get a glimmer of hope in this thread...

So I am recently single and I’m trying to get back into the dating world as a lot of you can relate. Seems like everyone just wants a hook up. Ugh! For you that are out there on dating sites is that your sole reason for being out there or are you looking for something more meaningful?

No judgement just curious. B)

Nope! I'm quite introvert and shy so not once have I ever had a "hook up" where I just threw some shirtless pics up on Tinder for a romp in the hay. I'm probably in the minority but I need a real honest connection with a woman before I can even really want to be intimate. There's no purpose in it for me if there's not a genuine connection.

To me sex is something IN ADDITION to not instead of. I literally have no drive to just bang everything I see. I'd rather just light up some candles, turn down the lights and put on some TLC. :D

So I heard this recently from a guy I've been talking to and now it's posted on mfp phrased in a shockingly similar way. Nothing against @projectbradley, but when I hear this I see in my mind: flashing lights and hear *cough* *kitten* *cough*

Yeah, that post is not for you then. I have no reason to lie or impress anyone.

Edit: Re-worded.

I don't think I implied that your post was for me, nor would I make such an assumption. You should probably not assume that my response was directed at you. I just used it because, as stated, someone else said something phrased very similarly and I stated what my knee jerk reaction was.

Right, but you're broken. You literally are so far gone you cannot even comprehend that there's someone like that out there. So again, my post was not for you.

Edit: Whether it was written down or stated anywhere.

We are all a bit broken.

Probably, but that doesn't mean it needs to be reflected on other people. I don't need to fight to prove myself to anyone, I already know what I'm worth and I was not part of your past.

Ideally, you're right. But I think that's probably a little too optimistic/ideal. People come into relationships with baggage based on how they've been treated in the past. Just because you aren't a cheater/player doesn't mean you won't have to prove yourself to someone who has been repeatedly cheated on. They see you through glasses tinted by their past experiences. I think that's pretty normal.

Maybe, but I'm hopeful there's the female version of me out there when I'm ready. Sorry, but I'm personally not looking to be dragged into a relationship with a broken fixer upper, I'll just fly solo. But you may be right, which is why you can't go anywhere without seeing people complaining about the dating scene.

I'm not sure experience and baggage = broken fixer upper. I'm not sure how you do anything in life with a completely open, unbiased mindset. Don't your own beliefs, tendencies, experiences, failures and successes impact how you interpret/view things?

Well of course my life experiences teach me things, but that's not the dynamic here at all. What's happening is I'm receiving a reflection of an experience with an entirely different human being, with entirely different life experiences, values, and beliefs. Logic should dictate that just because the only similarity I might have with that other human being is we share the same reproductive organ, I am not that same person. The problem is our brain teaches us things. We weren't born to know the hot stove burns but if you touch it, you'll know next time because your brain will remember that's no beuno. Do not touch it. That should not be the same and carried into intergender dynamics and if it is, then that person needs to figure out their *kitten* before they open up and bring someone else in their life.

I'm hearing from you that you're willing to compromise your integrity and as they say "settle", and I'm just not. I know exactly what I have to offer another person and it's nothing but love. Not lies, deception, power, control, disloyalty or any other hurdles that women have put up due to past experiences with men.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    ok, fair enough.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I'm sure glad I met the love of my life before the Internet.

Never went looking for her, we just crossed paths and fell in love. Now, your perfect mate could pass right in front of you, but you might miss them while looking down at your latest edition cell phone.

My advice? Go out and do those things you like to do. Look up. Look around. Those other people you are seeing may be there because they are doing those same things you like to do. Those are called "Common Interests".

Now you can make eye contact. You may get a smile. Step in the right direction.

Who knows? You might approach them. You can converse. Maybe that person will give you their cell phone number and you can send them some kind of cute emoji. You're on your way!!

Well I’m old-school so I understand what you’re saying but it seems like a different world. I met my husband when I was 19. I work in a profession where basically everyone is married or hot guys in my line of work are players and I don’t want to get a reputation.

So in order for me to meet someone realistically I have to go online. Yes I can go to a bar and pick up someone. But I need something more meaningful than that. I’m glad you found the love of your life but I think times have really changed. And I’m not saying they’ve changed for the better.

Agree with ya there.
    Alright I hope I get a glimmer of hope in this thread...

So I am recently single and I’m trying to get back into the dating world as a lot of you can relate. Seems like everyone just wants a hook up. Ugh! For you that are out there on dating sites is that your sole reason for being out there or are you looking for something more meaningful?

No judgement just curious. B)

Nope! I'm quite introvert and shy so not once have I ever had a "hook up" where I just threw some shirtless pics up on Tinder for a romp in the hay. I'm probably in the minority but I need a real honest connection with a woman before I can even really want to be intimate. There's no purpose in it for me if there's not a genuine connection.

To me sex is something IN ADDITION to not instead of. I literally have no drive to just bang everything I see. I'd rather just light up some candles, turn down the lights and put on some TLC. :D

This is me as well. When there's a connection, makes it better IMO. For those who are after the next score, go for it. I've no shame in holding out.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I'm not on dating sites to hook up nor for a serious romance.

FOR GOD'S SAKE DOES ANYONE JUST WANT TO HANG OUT AT DAVE & BUSTER'S FOR A FEW HOURS
  • rasta_bb
    rasta_bb Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to make a catfish account on tinder. I need to see who the thirsty locals are

goals
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I'm not on dating sites to hook up nor for a serious romance.

FOR GOD'S SAKE DOES ANYONE JUST WANT TO HANG OUT AT DAVE & BUSTER'S FOR A FEW HOURS

for real, DAMN.
  • projectsix
    Options
    I think I'm going to make a catfish account on tinder. I need to see who the thirsty locals are

This is good use of Tinder. I approve.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

If I tried, I woulnd't get anywhere. I've got no game. :laugh:
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

If I tried, I woulnd't get anywhere. I've got no game. :laugh:

That makes two of us. We should have a club and get T-shirts made
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    A little of both in my head, but in all actuality I don’t really want just one night
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I could never really do one nights, I’m far too sentimental for that!

At the same time my life is a roller coaster and I have a demanding job in hospitality management as well as running my YouTube channel in and around London.
    So, my time for conventional dating is slim to say the least.

I did what any self respecting millennial does and took to dating sites, paying various sums out to be in some phychomerric catalog of people in similar boats..

In the end I struck lucky on a site that wasn’t anything to do with dating..

And here I am.. in a meaningful relationship with a girl I adore.

Everyone’s story is different I think!
  • projectsix
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I met my now husband here on mfp back in 2013 pretty randomly. I was living in Florida, he in California, fast forward to today and we own a house in Dallas and are coming up on our 2 year anniversary in June :laugh: He’s my best friend, I don’t know what I’d do without him now :blush:

Life can be so weird and random.

Woah! This is cool! Grats to you both.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    Honestly I’ve had my best luck on fitness apps.

Farmers Only .com has a fitness app ??
  • dknight36
    dknight36 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple of sites after my divorce and I have to agree there are a lot of people just looking for hookups (male and female). I was personally looking for something more meaningful. There is hope, just a lot of work to find the good ones!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I met my now husband here on mfp back in 2013 pretty randomly. I was living in Florida, he in California, fast forward to today and we own a house in Dallas and are coming up on our 2 year anniversary in June :laugh: He’s my best friend, I don’t know what I’d do without him now :blush:

Life can be so weird and random.

Woah! This is cool! Grats to you both.

• YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I spent several years on dating sites and all I got was a stalker/hacker.
    As I think happens occasionally, I came across someone I knew IRL. She lived in my friend's building, we didn't care for each other so we didn't talk on the site. But she introduced me to the woman I almost married, by bringing her to a concert she knew I'd be at.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    I spent several years on dating sites and all I got was a stalker/hacker.
    As I think happens occasionally, I came across someone I knew IRL. She lived in my friend's building, we didn't care for each other so we didn't talk on the site. But she introduced me to the woman I almost married, by bringing her to a concert she knew I'd be at.

It's a crapshoot. I reconnected with an old high school friend in this way... it was nice to hang out with him again but there was no chemistry... I lose interest so easily that dating sites will never work for me.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    @Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings I love your shirt in your pp. Love me some Led Zep.