Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 36

Options

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,879 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @puttyputty I’m so sorry to hear about your fur baby. Sending prayers!

@buckifan14 I don’t know how I ever made it to work for 25 years. I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON! When I was about to retire several of the people I spoke to daily said they were going to miss me because I was always cheerful at 7:30AM when they called. I thanked them and told them I was never fully functional until about 10AM so was probably “sleep working.”

@marcvb35 Yup, that tailbone thing. I have a 4” thick memory foam that goes on long trips in the car or is in my sewing chair at home!

@amandacmariej YOU’VE GOT THIS! Power through the weekend!

@JenniferWhite3 You’re doing well!!
  • puddlegoober
    puddlegoober Posts: 291 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Round 9 for me. I REALLY wanted to shoot for ONEDERLAND this round, so I'm going to. I may not get there, but I'm going to give it all I've got. Potential issues that could slow me down: one scheduled day of basketball, my brother-in-law flaking out on me again regarding teaching me squats and deadlifts (meeting up with him Saturday night), Easter (dinner and candy), and potentially feeling a little bit MEH. No matter what happens regarding my goal, though, my weight trend is clearly and steadily heading in the right direction.

Height 5’11”
    Historical SW (January 2015): 245 lbs
    Recent SW: 220.0 lbs (1/14/18)
    Ultimate GW: 195.0 lbs (and then reevaluate)
    R28 SW = 220.0 EW = 219.8 (-0.2) AW = 220.2 (+0.2)
    R29 SW = 219.8 EW = 214.0 (-5.8) AW = 215.9 (-4.3)
    R30 SW = 214.0 EW = 214.0 (-0.0) AW = 214.1 (-1.8)
    R31 SW = 214.0 EW = 209.2 (-4.8) AW = 211.3 (-2.8)
    R32 SW = 209.2 EW = 209.6 (+0.4) AW = 208.9 (-2.4)
    R33 SW = 209.6 EW = 207.4 (-2.2) AW = 208.2 (-0.7)
    R34 SW = 207.4 EW = 206.6 (-0.8) AW = 206.6 (-1.6)
    R35 SW = 206.6 EW = 204.2 (-2.4) AW = 204.1 (-2.5)

Total loss (since 1/14/18, but before this round): 15.8 lbs
    Average weight loss per round: 2.18 lbs

R36 SW = 204.2
    Goal for this round: ONEDERLAND (going for it)

Day/Weight/Comment

3/29 = 203.4 (-0.8). Another BOUNCE BACK™, but a good way to start the challenge. I'm getting excited about the Keto idea, but it's not so much about weight loss (as I'm getting pretty good at that). I've talked about potential health benefits (less inflammation, something good regarding my brain, etc.), but I also recognize how hopelessly addicted to sugar I am. To me, if it's not actually a drug, it might as well be. When I get near it, I go insane. It takes EVERYTHING in me to avoid partaking in this habit, and EVEN MORE to get me to stop once I've started. It's a craving, it NEVER makes me feel good when I eat it (just my taste buds!), and I think my life might be a little better when it's no longer part of it. This will be an experiment, but one that I'm excited to try. As soon as I make an appointment with my doctor to make sure I'm not going to kill myself with it, that is. Food was good yesterday, though may have been just slightly below maintenance (I'm careful to estimate "over" when tracking food). Going to the gym tonight with my wife. I'm pretty fit overall, and I did a bunch of research regarding proper form on squats and deadlifts, so I'm going to try them tonight (with very light weights). T minus one more week before I can play basketball again (stupid Spring Break).

3/30 = 203.2 (-0.2). Had a decent day eating yesterday. I'm noticing that, since I've been tracking steps and having them converted to "extra calories," I've been eating all those calories. It's not bad, necessarily, but it's been happening. What also happens, though, is I'm walking a lot more as a result. It's probably a good tradeoff, but I'm thinking I'll try to eat back no more than half (something I try to do on any exercise day). I'm 99% sure I'm going to try keto. If I can get through the first 8 weeks, I'll stick with it for at least 6 months to see if I notice any tangible benefits. I'm going to start in a couple of weeks, though, because I want to enjoy my Easter candy in a non-binge way. My last hurrah. Don't judge me!

3/31 = 202.0 (-1.2). DROOSH™ (night after drinking). Happy hour with coworkers led to 3 beers (not too bad), a quesadilla (all I had for dinner), and a minor binge on Peeps and Lucky Charms marshmallows (450 calories or so) when I got home. Food otherwise was pretty good for the day. Finally going to learn deadlifts and squats from my brother-in-law today (unless he flakes). Having a hard time trusting that this is my actual weight, but I'm going to suspend disbelief for today.

4/1 = 202.4 (+0.4). I expected a bigger bump than this, so I'm relatively happy with this number. I have to confess that I am writing this in the evening after a really long Easter Sunday at my in-laws' house. I had lunch out with my wife and brother-in-law yesterday, but at a small dinner to compensate (and stayed under calories). I finally learned how to deadlift and squat (as brother-in-law did NOT flake on me), so I'll be starting SL 5x5 soon (probably a week from tomorrow). I'll write about today (Easter) tomorrow morning after my weigh-in. Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.

4/2 = 205.0 (+2.6). This would be shocking if it wasn't so expected. Holidays are kind of meh. My plan for this week was to spread my candy out over the next two weeks. I'll have some of it, but I think I'll be giving most of it away. Ready to jump back on the wagon this week. Have a friend visiting on Tuesday and Wednesday; will try to make healthy choices and eat/drink reasonable portions.

4/3 = 203.4 (-1.6). BOUNCE BACK™. I didn't eat in a particularly healthy way yesterday, but I was within calories, so it was better than Easter! Yesterday I ate at one of the places I won't be eating at when I start my new way of eating. I'm doing a bit of a "farewell tour" of sorts. I'm not going to change my challenge goal, but it's going to be TOUGH to reach at this point, especially with my friend visiting tonight and tomorrow (she's a foodie/drinkie). I'll do what I can to get close. At least basketball is back this Thursday. That should help out my bottom line. Feeling a little disconnected today; I wonder how much my 5 hours of sleep has to do with it. My wife and I spent about 7 hours cleaning last night after work in preparation of my friend's visit (my wife spent an extra 3 hours after I went to bed). I need to get myself motivated to keep my home cleaner on a regular basis. These marathon cleaning sessions could lead to divorce if we're not careful.

4/4 = 204.4 (+1.0). Had dinner out with my friend (ate too much, salty), and had 3 beers. Definitely over on calories. Going to a museum today, so should get plenty of steps in.

4/5 = 202.8 (-1.6). DROOSH™ again (weight loss after a night of drinking). I actually got myself sick last night: 3 beers, 3 mixed drinks (over a 3-hour period), sat in the back seat when my wife drove us home. I'm pretty sure it was my wife's driving. Ate really healthy yesterday, then pooped on it all with my drinking. I love alcohol, but I think that "drunk" is officially not for me anymore. I'm going to log all my food from yesterday, but I didn't yesterday. Basketball tonight and the gym. Hoping my hangover wears off by then.

4/6 = 204.6 (+1.8). This makes more sense. I basically had a weekend in the middle of the week. Last night was basketball (and I played great), but there's no way I should have lost 1.6 at yesterday's weigh-in. I ate healthy yesterday for the most part (despite my hangover cravings). I think I decided, since I had a weekend in the middle of the week, that I am going to start keto on Monday. I just need to do some shopping and meal prep this weekend. I'm really excited to give this a try, even if I'm a bit afraid of what the transition is going to be like. On a side note, I glanced back at my individual days this challenge, and I decided that this was going to be a rough challenge for me no matter what (happy hour, Easter, friend visiting from out of town in the middle of the week). I'll actually be pretty pleased if I can just get back down to my SW for the challenge (204.2).

4/7