What are your best and worst body parts?

tanasta2
tanasta2 Posts: 19 Member
I am just curious what some people weak points and strong points are. Mine are below.

Best: Shoulders, Calves
Worst: Biceps, Abs

Shoulders are my strong points because of my bone structure (long clavicles) although they don't necessarily grow faster than my other muscles. Although I am above average weight, my calves insertions are pretty low. Taller people usually have longer Achilles tendon, therefore high calves and less room for growth. I trained my calves only a few times in 5 years, I probably can count the number of my calves training session with my fingers, but they grew more than my biceps.

Biceps, short bellies and no peak, not much to say here, just piss poor. My abs are very stubborn, I need to do heavy ab pulldowns and other weighted abs exercise to make my abs grow. Other people can just do bodyweight exercises and cut weight and their abs will be visible. Not in my case, I was skinny as hell before I started lifting but my abs weren't clearly visible.

Replies

• saymyname2
    saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
    Best : Boobs
    Worst: everything else
  • OHammykins
    OHammykins Posts: 98 Member
    I love my arms, legs and chest. :)
    I still have more body fat on my back and stomach than I would like so I'm working on shifting that. :#
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    I love my arm shape but they need significant work still to make me stronger and better able to do pull-ups, handstand push ups, jerks, toes to bar and everything else over head. i desperately want a muscle up this year!
    worst probably my flat chest. When loosing fat they disappear completely.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2018
    best...super strong toned legs...worst...floppy weight loss arm wings that no amount of lifting can help xD
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Best- It's all fine by me...except cellulite. That's the one thing I can't really change.
  • jamesakrobinson
    jamesakrobinson Posts: 2,149 Member
    Best: pecs, lats, and calves
    Worst: biceps and traps

I have really high bicep insertions so even though I am stronger than even most of the younger guys in the gym they never look big. I have no idea why my traps refuse to grow (age?)
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Best - calves, shoulders
    Worst - I have bad thighs and saddlebags...impossible to get rid of. And I hate my nose.
  • mrwhiteapple
    mrwhiteapple Posts: 12 Member
    Best: Lips, shoulders
    Worst: My whole upper torso area (chest/abs)
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Best: Waist and legs (more so in the summer when I'm less transparent)
    Worst: My arms, my chest, and my nose

I'm tall and lean, very lean, which is fine for my waist and legs but frustrating with my arms. I have been eating at a surplus (admittedly not as consistantly as I should, but I'm working on it) and lifting as much as I can; I see strength progress but I still have Olive Oyl arms. Determined to change that eventually, because I have no control over the other items (barring surgery), my nose will always be too big and my chest too small.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2018
    Best: calves, quads, and hamstrings (size/proportion...got "calve genetics")
    Worst: biceps (arm span > height slightly), chest (weak as hell at pressing movements), neck (poor width), forearms (very weak, small, but very vascular)

Always room for improvement: back and deltoids (just can't be satisfied until reaching cartoonish superhero v taper with bowling ball sized deltoids to match, lol)
  • Silkysausage
    Silkysausage Posts: 502 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm a work in progress so it's all in the running to be the best. Stomach's a wobbler though but that's partly to do with IBS bloating and having kids...
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Best: I'm really happy overall with my progress everywhere, although I do think my arms improved the most.
    Worst: my tummy is scarred from a c-section and I have stretch marks from pregnancy and a little loose skin. And I have cellulite on the back of my legs, but once I get my summer tan it's not nearly as noticable.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »

Best: everything
    Worst: nothing

;) .. I mean I want to improve certain areas but I wouldn't call them weak at all. Also this is my personal opinion and I'm very happy with each part of my muscle development so far, basically it is growing according to plan. If I were competing I'm sure I would have plenty of weak points.. but I'm not.

Also I have more have stubborn fat areas.. which I'm sure can be improved with more muscle on the hamstring and glutes.. still wouldn't call them weak though :p

This. Only caveat is my weakness in my right hip due to hip impingement which prevents me from progressing on my squats like I'd like.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I thought this thread was more about body/muscle development, obviously if it includes cosmetic parts then clearly that changes things a bit since it's not as if I think I am the Fifth Element or anything :D

lmao.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Best: Biceps, chest
    Worst: Quads (I carry most of my fat there, so even when I am lean, it's still dificult to see any muscle definitions)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Best: legs, glutes, and back
    Worst: biceps

My triceps are great, but I have very flat-looking biceps no matter how much work I put into them!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Best: Quads, maybe biceps (I had pretty decent biceps before lifting)
    Worst: I’m trying to focus on delts and back more. Triceps.
    Mainly my issue is too much fluff to see any of it.... heh

I was decent at squats until I injured my SI joint and gave up for a few months. Meh.
  • cfgreear
    cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
    Best: Forearms thanks to years of armwrestling and mixing cement, Legs from never missing leg day.
    Worst: belly, workin on that though so soon it will be gone