What are your best and worst body parts?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Okiludy wrote: »
    I use https://symmetricstrength.com as a judge as I am more concerned with strength.

Best: lower body, lower back, traps, forearms
    Mid: upper back, biceps
    Worst: chest, shoulders, triceps

This isn’t to say I am weak (very well may be case), just that my symmetry is off. Basically I am really good at pulls and squats, while not very good at pressing.

I just clicked the link and was instantly embarrassed by my numbers.

Omg in that case I am definitely not clicking ever!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    tanasta2 wrote: »
    I am just curious what some people weak points and strong points are. Mine are below.

Best: Shoulders, Calves
    Worst: Biceps, Abs

Shoulders are my strong points because of my bone structure (long clavicles) although they don't necessarily grow faster than my other muscles. Although I am above average weight, my calves insertions are pretty low. Taller people usually have longer Achilles tendon, therefore high calves and less room for growth. I trained my calves only a few times in 5 years, I probably can count the number of my calves training session with my fingers, but they grew more than my biceps.

Biceps, short bellies and no peak, not much to say here, just piss poor. My abs are very stubborn, I need to do heavy ab pulldowns and other weighted abs exercise to make my abs grow. Other people can just do bodyweight exercises and cut weight and their abs will be visible. Not in my case, I was skinny as hell before I started lifting but my abs weren't clearly visible.

Best: Quads and back
    Worst: Abs and biceps

Working on getting glutes and hams on that *best* list
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited March 2018
    Best: Obliques*
    Worst: Triceps

*I have years of dance to thank because they were the first muscles to show up to the party once I got serious about fitness again.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Per symmetry link I'm proficient at back squat... heck yeah!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,982 Member
    Per symmetry link, well, I'm weak (could have told you that LOL).

Upper body the best (no surprise), lower body the worst (again, no surprise).

Rehabbing from injuries SUCKS.

That is all. :|
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    I use https://symmetricstrength.com as a judge as I am more concerned with strength.

This isn’t to say I am weak (very well may be case), just that my symmetry is off. Basically I am really good at pulls and squats, while not very good at pressing.

I don’t use it to judge strength just how balanced the little strength I have is.

In that case, I'm pretty much balanced with a stronger back.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member

I don’t use it to judge strength just how balanced the little strength I have is.

In that case, I'm pretty much balanced with a stronger back.

Attempting to get more balanced but not as easy as it sounds. My main issue is that bench is only a small part of a meet total. I try to prioritize the upper body but not slack on the lower body. This has turned into an upper/lower split that upper body is always done after a day of rest so I have less fatigue. It's working but really slow. Maybe at my 2-year mark I'll have a bench I am not ashamed of.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited March 2018
    Best: Forearms
    Worst: Legs

Without lifting, my forearms are about the same size as my unflexed biceps/triceps. I have a number of long sleeve shirts that are either somewhat tight in my forearms and loosed fitted elsewhere, or fitted right in the forearms and very loose elsewhere.

It seems to be easier for me to gain muscle in my upper body.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    My arms are always awesome. no matter how chubby I get.

My legs are very short and the backs of my thighs are genetically prone to cellulite, and the MINUTE I slack on my diet/cardio, that's where any extra weight goes, in all its cottage cheese-y glory. -_-
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    I’m jealous of all of you that can grow decent calves. I have to work mine out twice a week to maintain what little tissue is there
  • missylinny
    missylinny Posts: 3 Member
    why concentrate on either and just be the best you in you
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Best - everything above my belly button looks okay
    Worst - roll under belly button, saggy butt, floppy cottage cheese thighs. But my feet look good!

Ugh. I continue to slowly (S-L-O-W-L-Y) improve at the speed of a glacier.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Best: Legs (always get compliments about them) lol
    Worst: belly (sadly never have had abs even when I weighed 105 lbs., was active and ate healthy) :neutral:
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    I just wish my thing was a little bit bigger.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    [i[/i]
    dhimaan wrote: »
    I just wish my thing was a little bit bigger.

Yeah, I don't think there's a program for that, sadly.
  • Jonnydebrasco
    Jonnydebrasco Posts: 68 Member
    Just so you know your abs will not grow like the rest of your muscles.
    All you can do is lose the fat covering them to show them better.
  • glacierlilly1
    glacierlilly1 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm 46 so I have to put that into the equation. I wish my calves were a bit bigger, but honestly I have a really good body to work with once the fat begins to drain away. Even though I have all this tendinitis, I still like my petite frame. I don't need big muscles to look good - I just need to be toned and tight and I'm slowly heading in that direction. My quads easily grow and I am definitely quad dominate. I would like to tone up my glutes and hamstrings more and more as time goes on. I would like to continue to tone up my back as well and lose some of those fat pockets on there. So just continuing to eat more and more nutritiously is key for me. Adding plyometrics slowly as well. As I've aged, I've lost the jumping motion and I would love to get that back safely. I used to hate my belly, but I am beginning to love my belly more and more each day. I've learned how important core is and I have added that to my workouts after reading a core anatomy book am I more armed with what the heck I am doing!