Random compliments from strangers

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options

I've personally just stopped giving out compliments...at work. Some women (not all) are way too sensitive.

Compliments at work have almost become taboo...like religion and politics. Once given, everyone cites harassment. OMG! Its insane.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    So Pandora plays 'Come and talk to me' after i respond to this thread...made me laugh.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It mostly creeps me out, not that I've had a ton of experience with this. Last week, I had a guy at the drug store approach me and say something about that he hopes my day is as beautiful as I am. I told him thank you and walked away, but he followed me and asked me my name (gave him a fake one) and for my number as well. I told him I was married and he said that we didn't have to tell my husband. This is where it got creepier. I told him no thanks and walked away, but he was undeterred. I had to tell him again that I'm not interested and walked towards a group of people who worked at the store and he finally left me alone. I hid inside the store until I was sure he would be gone from the parking lot. That's not the kind of attention I'm interested in getting.
  • SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    I told him I was married and he said that we didn't have to tell my husband. This is where it got creepier.

It's guys like that, that make it bad for the rest of us.
  • SmoothRiko
    Options

I've personally just stopped giving out compliments...at work. Some women (not all) are way too sensitive.

Compliments at work have almost become taboo...like religion and politics. Once given, everyone cites harassment. OMG! Its insane.

It's really sad. I'm glad that you said that. I'm just starting my journey in the Corporate America game and I don't need to be called to HR over something stupid that's taken the wrong way.

When did society start having a huge splintery stick up its behind?
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    You are so nice for saying that:blushing: The only thing I consistently get complimented on is my purse....and I believe them because I do have a super cute purse.

You are very attractive. Surely, people tell you that from time to time.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I suppose as you put it, it depends in what way it's given. I'm always grateful when I get genuine compliments from strangers. I simply say thank you and if there's anything about them worth complimenting I compliment them back. I guess I owe them that much since I'm sure it must have taken quite a lot of courage for them to approach me and compliment me!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

It's really sad. I'm glad that you said that. I'm just starting my journey in the Corporate America game and I don't need to be called to HR over something stupid that's taken the wrong way.

Clarence Thomas hearings. (Or was that 1991?)
  • tinavflynn
    tinavflynn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually try to flash a genuine smile. I have a hard time actually saying anything when caught off guard or when it's a stranger. Usually, even just a smile to acknowledge they complimented you is good enough.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I thank the person when I get a compliment.

When I give a compliment to a stranger, it's only in the presence of my daughters or wife. Unfortunately, because of my looks (I Guess) I tend to frighten a lone female.
  • SmoothRiko
    Options

You are a genius Although I was too young to fully understand what went on, yes, I could see that being the "beginning of the end."
  • SmoothRiko
    Options
    I suppose as you put it, it depends in what way it's given. I'm always grateful when I get genuine compliments from strangers. I simply say thank you and if there's anything about them worth complimenting I compliment them back. I guess I owe them that much since I'm sure it must have taken quite a lot of courage for them to approach me and compliment me!

That's because you're normal. That's what normal people do. IMHO.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You are a genius Although I was too young to fully understand what went on, yes, I could see that being the "beginning of the end."
    It was right after that when "sexual harrassment" became something you heard about daily.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    Flatter every time, no matter who it is!
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options

Err, Miss, you have the most beautiful eyes!!:happy:
  • SmoothRiko
    Options

Err, Miss, you have the most beautiful eyes!!:happy:

I agree, they set my soul on fire. LOL.
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    You have a great smile and wonderful eyes. Very cute. You look like am honest person. You look like a caring type.
  • SmoothRiko
    Options
    You have a great smile and wonderful eyes. Very cute. You look like am honest person. You look like a caring type.

**looks around**
    Who me?
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Online compliments don't count btw.

I mostly get compliment by homeless men. I take it as a huge compliment since their standards are so high.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Online compliments don't count btw.

I mostly get compliment by homeless men. I take it as a huge compliment since their standards are so high.
    Thanks for the chuckle. That made my day