try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    jesseviexo wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    How tall are you and how many pounds until you get to your goal weight?

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

I am 5’5” and 30 pounds away from my goal.

How long have you been on this diet? How much have you lost? A long term, very low calorie diet can definitely wreak havoc with your hormones & slow weight loss, and most people find the last 20-30 lbs incredibly difficult to lose. It really requires precision with your calories.

Which part is woo?

I'm your like, not your woo, but I suspect it's someone who still clings to the misbelief that there's no effect on hormones from calorie restriction.

Well, now I've got 2 "woo"s- which could just be people messing with me now- but my comment was based on info I've gleaned from reputable sources here on MFP, like in this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1

If someone wants to point out my error, that would be more helpful than just hitting "woo". Maybe it's the part about the last 20-30 lbs being hard to lose? (which granted, I probably should have said *some* not *most*)

And BTW, OP, that thread may actually be of interest to you, depending on how long you have been at this current stretch of weight loss.

When the Woo button was first implemented it had two meanings - Woo as in nonsense and Woo Hoo as in a good thing. Since many people still think it means Woo Hoo, I just ignore this stupid, useless reaction button.

I know- I usually do too. It's just in this case, I wasn't aware of anything that was either questionable or "woo-hoo" worthy ;) I'll be quiet now :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Is this imposed by your doctor for health reasons requiring you to lose weight fast?

or is this a self initiated weight loss absent immediate medical exigency and you are medically supervised during your weight loss program.

You are hungry because you are eating very few calories. It is no more complicated than that.

If your life saving surgery depends on you losing the next 30 lbs in x amount of time then you have no choice but to continue suffering and being hungry.

The long term success of your weight loss would, in my view, be less likely because of your physical and mental reactions to the treatment, but hey, at least you will be around to try again.

If this is not initiated by a medical exigency, but is a medically supervised weight loss because it is your chosen method to try and lose weight, the advice has already been given.

Decrease your deficit, accept a slower loss, eat a bit more while measuring it accurately. Move a lot more. Take your time and avoid the pitfalls you're heading for.