• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Taste, lol, is the benefit to pork bacon:happy:

This.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    As I understood it, the purpose of turkey bacon is to enable Jews and Muslims to eat bacon. There's also beef bacon. Having lived in the Arabian Gulf for the past 7 years, I can tell you all about fake bacon.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Turkey Bacon - NO! what is it? I know it is not Bacon!

Pork Bacon = Bacon = YES! the only way to eat bacon...since it is the only bacon!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Pork bacon tastes better and there is nothing inherently "bad" about bacon...people need to be able to look at their diets (noun) as a whole rather than singling out individual food items. My two slices of bacon this morning did not magically negate the rest of my nutrition today...and in fact, contributed essential fats and protein. As part of an overall nutritious and well balanced diet, bacon is a non-issue.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to pork (weird allergy, but it's MINE!) so I've gotten used to turkey bacon. But let me tell you, buffalo bacon, or better yet duck bacon, are far tastier alternative cured breakfast meat. If only they weren't so expensive. I doubt they taste "like" pork bacon, but dang, they're delicious!

Hrrm, time for a trip to the farmer's market. If I freeze it in small packages, that pricy pound will last.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Also don't eat pork for non dietary reasons. Chicken and turkey bacon lets me get my bacon fix. I cook it in the microwave between two pieces of parchment paper. One minute 10 seconds per slice. It even goes crispy. Yum!!
  • Ben_the_builder
    Options
    Dis what I was gonna say. It does have less fat than the normal stuff. I actually prefer it too, does not make me feel weighed down