Childish Misunderstanding

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I called tacos "burritos" and vice versa, until I was probably 11 or 12. I felt like they were incorrectly named for some reason.

I also remember being really concerned about frogs vs. toads
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I used to think the only reason I was so much lighter than the other kids at daycare was because my dad made me wear sunscreen every day. Also, my parents once told me that I was born with black hair but it all fell out and grew back nearly white-blonde. So naturally when a friend mentioned wanting my blonde hair I suggested they cut theirs all off because then it'll all grow back blonde.

ETA typo
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I used to think going to college would get you a good job when you grew up.

Hahaha! That’s adorable
  • Jrpwgr
    Jrpwgr Posts: 44 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My mom had a fear of heights. When we'd go over large bridges, my father would tease her to keep her eyes shut because 'we're going over the bridge now!' I closed mine too. I couldn't see the roadway from the backseat, so I thought that cars drove UP AND OVER the TOP of the bridge, with their tires on the cables holding the suspension bridge up.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I used to think going to college would get you a good job when you grew up.

yeah... the silly things that kids believe.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    When I was five my mother went into the hospital for a dislocated disc in her back.

Earlier that morning while walking to school with my older brothers, they were teasing me that if I stepped on the cracks it would break our mothers back.

Still to this day I cringe at cracks. I obviously know that it wasn’t the cause, but it took me a while to understand that it wasn’t my fault.

Once when I was mad at my mom I stepped on a crack on purpose.
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Phil Collins to me, has a mechanical voice when he sings! Therefore the 1st time that I heard him sing upon the radio, I legitimately thought that he was Robo Cop singing!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I HAD NO CLUE about student loans until years after college. I'd heard of them, but I thought to get "a loan" you would need some crazy good credit on the level of what you might need to buy a big house or new sports car. My 18 year old self? Nah.

Everyone I knew either had rich parents, a full ride, or didn't go to college. I was hustling 24/7 with 2 jobs to pay for extras since my partial scholarship & middle class parents' help wasn't even close to covering things.

In a way this is good, in the long run. But it's so embarrassing! How did I not know!?
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    When I was five my mother went into the hospital for a dislocated disc in her back.

Earlier that morning while walking to school with my older brothers, they were teasing me that if I stepped on the cracks it would break our mothers back.

Still to this day I cringe at cracks. I obviously know that it wasn’t the cause, but it took me a while to understand that it wasn’t my fault.

Once when I was mad at my mom I stepped on a crack on purpose.

:D
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Not me but my neighbor has an adopted son. He is from Africa, and they are a white family. When he was a bout 5 we were all sitting around at a BBQ and he asked his Mom out of no where when was his skin going to turn white. He thought all children were born with dark skin and over time it would gradually turn white. LOL
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Thunder was god bowling. (or moving furniture)

• Motorsheen
    Options
    guerrilla warfare ?

monkeys with AK47s ?

sounds dangerous
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Thunder was God bowling.

this is actually true.