Childish Misunderstanding

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Thunder was god bowling. (or moving furniture)

I was told this too and rain meant God was crying and because I did something wrong.

Also I can remember being told that swallowing watermelon seeds would cause you to grow watermelons in your stomach. And to never swallow gum because it will stay in your body for life.

eta cause my typing sucks.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I was told this too and rain mean God was crying and to add to that because I did something wrong.

Also I can remember are being told that swallowing watermelon seeds would cause you to grow watermelons in your stomach. And to never swallow gum because it will stay in your body for life.

Same! :lol:
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options

I was told this too and rain meant God was crying and because I did something wrong.

Also I can remember being told that swallowing watermelon seeds would cause you to grow watermelons in your stomach. And to never swallow gum because it will stay in your body for life.

eta cause my typing sucks.

I was told swallowing watermelon seeds is how you got pregnant. Wonder why I do not like watermelon
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I used to think the whites lines on the roads were for motorcycles.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    In the winter time there is sometimes lines of snow that blow across of the road. They are called Snow Snakes. I thought they were real snakes and was horrified that all the cars would just drive over them
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Most kids hate vegetables. As a kid I was told I would have to get a vegetable shot if I didn't eat my vegetables. I'm still made over this one.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I remember thinking that being grounded meant you were bured up to your neck. This was before I was 8 years old. I was pretty scared when my cousin was grounded.
    My older sister and I were left in our car while my dad went into an apartment building he managed. She convinced me it was illegal for us to be in the parked car like that so we got out and crossed a busy street and then wandered around a strange building to go find my dad. Because that was so much safer.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    Most kids hate vegetables. As a kid I was told I would have to get a vegetable shot if I didn't eat my vegetables. I'm still made over this one.

This is hilarious and I wish I would have used it on my kids

Fear mongering at its best.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options

Sheesh, no guilt trip there....

• RoxieDawn
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I turned out alright though. I think. :smiley:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

I told my 8 year old just last week if she didn't start taking her cold medicine that she was just going to get more sick then I would have to take her to the doctor and the only way they could make her better was to give her lots of shots. I use the shot fear mongering way too much.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I turned out alright though. I think. :smiley:

Pfft... waaay better than just alright
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

I told my 8 year old just last week if she didn't start taking her cold medicine that she was just going to get more sick then I would have to take her to the doctor and the only way they could make her better was to give her lots of shots. I use the shot fear mongering way too much.

There is a shot for everything isn't there?

I remember the picking nose thing too. If you pick your nose your head will cave in.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options

I remember the picking nose thing too. If you pick your nose your head will cave in.

Or if you don't stop sucking your finger we'll have to cut it off.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    I remember as a child being afraid that we would get bombed in the middle of the night, an air-raid I guess. Like I'd be sleeping and a bomb would just come through my bedroom roof and kill me. But it's not like that would have even been a reality. To this day I have no idea where that fear came from.

I was also afraid I'd suffocate myself in my sleep if I slept on my stomach. I'm a side sleeper to this day.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »

Or if you don't stop sucking your finger we'll have to cut it off.

OMG I forgot this one.