Childish Misunderstanding

Options

Replies

• AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I had a nanny growing up, and when I was little she told me that if I ever told a lie, bugs would fly out of my mouth.
    She also told me that if I ate my bread crusts, it would help me learn how to whistle.

I STILL can’t whistle..
  • samcskelton
    samcskelton Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I thought getting drunk meant drinking waaay too much water and basically hallucinating because your brain didn’t have air, just water. A friend would get on the bus in the morning and say her mom was drunk and I would just wonder why would she want to drink so much?
  • Ayehmwhy
    Ayehmwhy Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I thought the song ' dirty deeds done dirt cheap' said dirty deeds and the thunder chief
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Ayehmwhy wrote: »
    I thought the song ' dirty deeds done dirt cheap' said dirty deeds and the thunder chief

It totally sounds like it!! yes!

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,561 Member
    Options
    I was legit scared of the bogeyman. Except, he looked like Colonel Sanders from KFC.
    My sister had a Colonel Sanders piggy bank she used to scare me with when I was little. Shed have him appear in the spookiest places at the scariest of times (I was 4,it was scary then)
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    As a kid the song "Man Eater" terrified me. I thought, "Why is she trying to eat people?"
  • aquariusvsworld
    aquariusvsworld Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I thought Mormons were called Normans as a kid :lol: .
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'd had scarlet fever when I was about 4, and a couple of years later I woke up one morning and couldn't see. I was convinced I'd gone blind from the scarlet fever like Mary in Little House on the Prairie. Turns out I just had pink eye, and my eyelashes were simply crusted shut. It was years before I stopped randomly practicing living like a blind person (walking around my house with my eyes closed, using my fingertip to tell when my cup was full), for when the day finally came for real. PS: It never has.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Swallow a watermelon seed then one will grow in your belly
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    When books and shows talked about stabbing vampires with a stake, I thought they meant steaks. Was confused about how it was possible to destroy monsters with rib eye, and why waste good food.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My parents always called the television remote a "Channel Changer"...as a child I guess I couldn't say it correctly so I've always called it a "Chandler"...you have no idea how many times no one knew what the hell I was talking about. :D
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Many years ago in a far away place, as a kid I saw tv commercials from Dial soap. They had actors walking on a street going to work blah blah and they would lift straight up about a foot and seemed to levitate while walking. So the ad was "Dial soap gives you a lift." Well yours truly was convinced, wholesale convinced, that this soap would lift me up a foot and I could walk around in the air. So cool and HAD to have that soap. So sometime later we got the soap..I think mine was defective ~¿~
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I thought the waitresses at Hooters were topless rather than scantily clad. A friend's super-religious mom talked about how sinful that place was and I just assumed it was completely staffed by nude women, or at least topless.

A boy I dated freshman year told me he went to Hooters for lunch with his grandpa. I was like "Seriously!?" and very surprised and asked if they let kids his age (15) in there normally...he was so confused, and then he went on to say his younger sister and grandma were there too. My mind was absolutely blown, until I found out what Hooters really was.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Every time I start to think of something I begin to remember my mom ridiculing me for being stupid and I have to stuff the memory back down. It’s like she was already competitive and jealous when I was only 5. :'(

That's terrible :/ I'm so sorry :'(
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    @Clever_User_Name I laughed out loud imagining this!
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My dad had this habit of driving on the very side of the road, very often past the sideline almost to the ditch. I thought that in order to drive, the driver had to do really difficult math problems to keep the car in the correct spot because just watching the road wasn’t accurate (judging from my dads habit of driving in the ditch). Come to find out he just always drove that way because “well I’d rather get stuck in a ditch then get hit head on by an oncoming car”. I miss that mans thought process.