Options

Replies

• Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Me: 12*
    LNS: 1
    Stayed within my daily calories goal (below)
    Me: 6*
    Cravings: 7
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    Me 10
    LNS 2
  • mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    LNS: 4*
    Streak: 0

• Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Help me understand were you all are coming from? What is it about not snacking at night that affects your weight loss goals? Not to be "that guy" but why not say yes to late night snacking? I have lost almost 80 pounds of fat and I eat late at night. If you stay within your calorie limit I'd say go ahead and do it.

Look at it as a treat to end your long day. Psychologically I'd say it be even better, because if you eliminate it all together the more frequent those late night binges will happen, for instance that friend we all had growing up whose parents didn't let them eat/drink candy, soda, meat, whatever and when they came over to your house and you had it they ate as much as they could. Instead of feeling that irking feeling when your spouse goes to grab a late night snack and you cant have one, why not have be something to look forward to and not have that feeling of disappointment when you do break the streak?
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    ME 9
    LNS 4

My figures for last month were
    ME 23
    LNS 8

Aiming to improve on this month by month
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Me: 8
    LNS: 4
  • Fisah17
    Options
    Me: 13*
    Me: 7*
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,947 Member
    Options
    Me 11
    LNS 3
  • westray16
    westray16 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ME 10
    LNS 4
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    ME: 13
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Me: 12*
    LNS: 2

@Tankiscool - appreciate you insight. Congrats on your progress. With that said, we all have different paths on the journey to better health. What works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for another. For myself, this challenge helps me curb mindless boredom eating at night - I am thankful for that accountability. Down 1.5 lbs so far this month and I attribute some of that loss to this challenge.

• treenz1501
    treenz1501 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hows everyone doing??? I do fine during the day but latenight snacks are my weakness i need to over come lol
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,115 Member
    Options
    Me 11
    LNS 2
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Things have been pretty hectic and busy for me. I will restart my logging tomorrow, Monday (4/16).
  • mcraemarisa
    mcraemarisa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    in!
  • Fisah17
    Options
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Help me understand were you all are coming from? What is it about not snacking at night that affects your weight loss goals? Not to be "that guy" but why not say yes to late night snacking? I have lost almost 80 pounds of fat and I eat late at night. If you stay within your calorie limit I'd say go ahead and do it.

Look at it as a treat to end your long day. Psychologically I'd say it be even better, because if you eliminate it all together the more frequent those late night binges will happen, for instance that friend we all had growing up whose parents didn't let them eat/drink candy, soda, meat, whatever and when they came over to your house and you had it they ate as much as they could. Instead of feeling that irking feeling when your spouse goes to grab a late night snack and you cant have one, why not have be something to look forward to and not have that feeling of disappointment when you do break the streak?

I appreciate your insight and congratulations on your weight loss! For me, working out comes naturally since I played competitive sports and continued to be active almost 20 years (yikes lol) post high school. However, I never monitored my diet and didn't understand how people gained weight or lost it. I thought if I just kept working out really hard that I could maintain my muscle tone and weight. Sadly mistaken. Looking at me you wouldn't think I needed to lose any weight. However, I am 5'9" and 184 lbs when a "healthy weight/BMI" says I should be closer to the 165lbs range. My personal goal is to get back into the 170s and see how I feel while I continue to build muscle and tone up. I have poor discipline with eating. So staying within my daily calories and avoiding late night eating since I am an early riser (4am) is crucial to meeting my goals and taking control of my appetite and eating for reasons other than hunger. This group is really helping me stay focused and I'm encouraged by all the support here :)
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    12th April
    Me: 5*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 5

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    @Tankiscool
    I totally agree with the fact that if you stick to your calorie deficit you will lose weight. Personally I love food and eating and have a very sweet tooth. That means I fulfil my calorie intake by the end of dinner. That's great but then I get tired or stressed (my life is hectic - usually from sun up to sundown) so I snack. This undoes all the good choices I have made during the day. So this challenge helps me to stick to my calorie deficit or stops me making a bad day worse.
  • Fisah17
    Options
    Me: 14*
    Me: 8*