The Bandwagon

Options
13»

Replies

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    organized races like 5k, 15k...haven't done a marathon and will not. But yeah, I got all into it and then once I did it felt very unimpressed by the whole thing. Maybe it's just me. I felt like WTF, I paid money for a t-shirt and medal and could have just done this solo or with 1 friend for free.

Some of them are well done, and also are fundraisers. But, even so, I know what you mean. Many are not run well at all
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Every super hero movie ever

Awe :s:s
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Religion

This
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    organized races like 5k, 15k...haven't done a marathon and will not. But yeah, I got all into it and then once I did it felt very unimpressed by the whole thing. Maybe it's just me. I felt like WTF, I paid money for a t-shirt and medal and could have just done this solo or with 1 friend for free.

Some of them are well done, and also are fundraisers. But, even so, I know what you mean. Many are not run well at all

I could see myself doing one that is a fundraiser sometime, for sure!

I guess I just expected more...I'm not even sure what I expected!? I know a lot of people who do every single 5k/15k that comes to our city, and they seem completely motivated & transformed...it's just not me. I thought it was kind of neat, I guess...neat to be among other people and running through downtown with everything closed off to traffic. To me, it was not worth the money or trouble to even sign up and show up for, though! And if I was going to do a Turkey Trot let's say, I can't imagine also wanting to do the Christmas themed race a month later...and then St. Pat's...I guess it's just one of those things you love or you don't.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    Religion

This

Wait ...

Don't you have a bible quote on you're arm ?

Very astute grasshopper, I believe in God and that he is good and my verse assures me i am made for more than cowering in fear and that I am a strong and loving being.
    I do not believe in organized religion because it is a tough crowd that can be extremely judgemental and hypocritical without taking the time to talk or get to know or actually try to help hurting people.

I am not here to talk about religion as I like this thread and don't want it to get shut down!

Hoppy Easter
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

I could see myself doing one that is a fundraiser sometime, for sure!

I guess I just expected more...I'm not even sure what I expected!? I know a lot of people who do every single 5k/15k that comes to our city, and they seem completely motivated & transformed...it's just not me. I thought it was kind of neat, I guess...neat to be among other people and running through downtown with everything closed off to traffic. To me, it was not worth the money or trouble to even sign up and show up for, though! And if I was going to do a Turkey Trot let's say, I can't imagine also wanting to do the Christmas themed race a month later...and then St. Pat's...I guess it's just one of those things you love or you don't.

That's how I am. I don't think the really small races are run that good in general, and some of the larger ones are even worse due to coordination. But, I've done some great races that I'll do again when I'm back to running shape.

I've done a few fundraiser rides/races and didn't like most of them. But, a couple are okay. I'd much rather ride or run solo than do most.

But, I did enjoy doing my triathlons when I used to race. For the most part, those were ran very well.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Religion

This

Wait ...

Don't you have a bible quote on you're arm ?

Very astute grasshopper, I believe in God and that he is good and my verse assures me i am made for more than cowering in fear and that I am a strong and loving being.
    I do not believe in organized religion because it is a tough crowd that can be extremely judgemental and hypocritical without taking the time to talk or get to know or actually try to help hurting people.

I am not here to talk about religion as I like this thread and don't want it to get shut down!

Hoppy Easter

Where is teacups I notice she deleted her account ?

Dunno! Maybe she got tired of being here
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I read the Twilight books and found something positive to say to my enthusiastic niece and my father who both loved them and forcibly loaned them to me so we could discuss them. I didn't say I loved them but I didn't say how I really felt either.
    I dissauded my dad from starting Fifty Shades of Grey so I wouldn't have to read or talk about them with him.
    My dad went through a weird reading phase after my mom died.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I read the Twilight books and found something positive to say to my enthusiastic niece and my father who both loved them and forcibly loaned them to me so we could discuss them. I didn't say I loved them but I didn't say how I really felt either.
    I dissauded my dad from starting Fifty Shades of Grey so I wouldn't have to read or talk about them with him.
    My dad went through a weird reading phase after my mom died.

Oh goodness! I have been down that road (Twilight and Fifty Shades books) with my (much older & female) boss and can only imagine how awkward it would be with your dad, especially if he had read Fifty Shades.

The other day I watched the movie "Call Me By Your Name" and due to a couple of scenes I tried to dissuade my mother from watching it. She watched anyway and we had a very awkward discussion.
  • 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Reeses eggs ...damn that peanut butter deliciousness
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Nope... You might find me behind the wheel however...
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    March madness
    Wasn’t really into it until my ex college made it
    But we lost so now I don’t watch