April 2018 Biking Cycling Bicycling Bike/ Bicycle/Unicycle/Tricycle Challenge!

Options
13»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    lar25473 wrote: »
    I'd like to know when you make a May thread for this!

Soon!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Return to cold and wet weather disrupted my training plans and forced me back into the gym to use the Wattbike. Couple of "hill training" sessions of 5 minute intervals with the resistance cranked right up to force my cadence down (extreme hills are my weak link).

Only managed one outdoor ride and wanted to make it a long one (c. 80 miles) but it was so cold my Raynaud's kicked in and my hands and feet were alternating between painful and dead.
    Cut the ride short but had the consolation of doing my fastest 50 miler of the year so far.

104 miles for the week, 576 miles for the month.
  • jlklem
    jlklem Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Did 101.2 today, averaged 20.6, 4100 feet of climbing, so pretty hilly and also windy. I totally buried my ride partner, unfortunately. But he was a good sport about it and we slowed down for the last 15 or so.

70 hours and 30 minutes for the month. So I hit my goal. Got my first race next weekend.

John
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    2017 Monthly April
    Walking Distance (km): 116.7
    Walking Time (min): 1458.1
    Cycling Distance (km): 54.0
    Cycling Time (min): 170.5

Stairs Climbed Number: 109.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 87.2

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 170.6
    Total Distance (miles): 106.0
    Total Time (min): 1715.8
    Total Time (hr): 28:35:47

Nowhere near the number I was originally aiming for, but not terrible given the circumstances.
  • AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to finally be able to post in this group again! We had a record setting snowfall this winter and despite buying a fat tire bike the weather just did no cooperate to get out much. Spring has finally hit here though and I was able to ride quite a bit in the last week.

I primarily mountain bike single track and technical trails. I just bought another bike, a Specialized Diverge, so I'm hoping to do some gravel and regular roads and paths around here for more exercise on the days I can't get to the trails.

April 21 - 7.7 Miles trail
    April 22 - 7.5 miles trail
    April 22 - 6.9 miles trail (2nd ride that day)
    April 25 - 8.7 miles trail
    April 28 - 6.1 miles trail

I didn't have a goal for April because I had no clue how the weather and trails would be but I'm pretty happy with 5 rides in the last week. Total 36.9 miles.

• AgileK9
    AgileK9 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    huskydoo wrote: »
    Weather finally more spring like around here!

6.5 mile local singletrack ride yesterday on my new mountain bike. No goals this month besides actually being able to get out and ride!

ty88c6rc9so8.jpeg
    zlmppp92ffqt.jpeg

Need a better new bike picture! I see it's a Salsa though.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Return to cold and wet weather disrupted my training plans and forced me back into the gym to use the Wattbike. Couple of "hill training" sessions of 5 minute intervals with the resistance cranked right up to force my cadence down (extreme hills are my weak link).

Only managed one outdoor ride and wanted to make it a long one (c. 80 miles) but it was so cold my Raynaud's kicked in and my hands and feet were alternating between painful and dead.
    Cut the ride short but had the consolation of doing my fastest 50 miler of the year so far.

104 miles for the week, 576 miles for the month.

I was just too close to 600 to resist a short but quick spin.....
    Now 602 miles for the month.
  • huskydoo
    huskydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    AgileK9 wrote: »
    huskydoo wrote: »
    Weather finally more spring like around here!

6.5 mile local singletrack ride yesterday on my new mountain bike. No goals this month besides actually being able to get out and ride!

ty88c6rc9so8.jpeg
    zlmppp92ffqt.jpeg

Need a better new bike picture! I see it's a Salsa though.

Here you go. 1ouiicq881ni.jpeg