Did anyone Else stick to their calorie deficit on this fine Easter Sunday!??

Replies

• tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Went over maintenance by about 1000kcals but oh well! Logged it and moving on! Today is a new day!
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    edited April 2018
    I went over because “they’re mini” ughh—and felt sick after. Curse you, Easter Bunny! I did stay within maintence though. Lol And this morning I’m 1lb down ?! SMH.
  • Sparkeysworld
    Sparkeysworld Posts: 107 Member
    edited April 2018
    Certainly did, just set my calories to 10k for the day :)
    Only joking, I actually was good.
    I asked my Wife yesterday, are you cutting this year?, she said 'I've only put 6lb on since last year , and I can lose that in a week, as she shoved another Easter egg in her face!
    9gctwu5me98k.gif
  • Sparkeysworld
    Sparkeysworld Posts: 107 Member
    Yes, and even with a cheat meal ;)

How is sticking to your calorie goal cheating?

We don't do anything exciting for Easter, so, yes. (I don't particularly like Easter egg chocolate so I gave my one and only Easter egg away...)

Me too lol.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Lol nope.
  • hippiesaur
    hippiesaur Posts: 137 Member
    I didn't, I felt really sick in the evening and this morning, gained 1 lb since yesterday, but I'm totally okay with this, no regrets.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    My time with family is limited to holidays mostly so I enjoyed all the foods and made all the memories. I did not spend an ounce of energy stressing about calories. No idea how much I ate.

Overall, holidays are a blip on the radar for my diet/lifestyle goals. My regular habits are what will sustain my success.

Today - back on my A-game. Already got 30 minutes of exercise in by 7am. Light breakfast then off to work.

Glad you stayed within your calories - that sounds like the approach that works for you, so more power to you for sticking to your goal!
  • sibeluver03
    sibeluver03 Posts: 58 Member
    I definitely feel proud that I was able to stick to the calorie goal! I even worked a nice piece of milk chocolate into the mix without going over. That's will power for me! :smiley:
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Managed to stay at my normal calorie intake (last year - not so much)
    I avoided most of the sweets and the food with mayo that my family likes (don't like the stuff anyway), then did a bit more exercise in the afternoon than I though I would... because my family merged breakfast and lunch into one meal (which ended up being mostly protein and fat for me - eggs, ham, cheese - so I felt kinda stuffed) I ended up having some nuts and chocolate milk around 9pm to not end the day with net 700 calories - was a great opportunity to get the food that I wanted that wouldn't normally fit into my days (in larger quantities anyway) so I was happy
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Easter is next week for me, so I have yet to know how much I will eat, but my plan is this: to eat the things I like and enjoy the food without guilt. I deserve an enjoyable Easter and will not ruin it by stressing about food. I will not be restricting my calories intentionally, but if I end up within calories I'm totally okay with that. I will not intentionally stuff my face until I'm unable to breathe just because I have calories left.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Lol. No.

So much this. I set a record for myself since being on mfp. I'm hoping to lose about 4 pounds of water weight in the next couple of days…
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Went over maintenance by about 800. Don't care. Worth it!
    I don't fret over stuff like this anymore. (I used to, believe me) It was a holiday. There was lots of food. This is how life works.
    I know I will be back to my defecit today and in a few days the scale will show me no real harm done.

Not to say that I don't understand how it can be stressful. It can. I get it. Especially, if calorie counting is new to you or you've got a lot to lose. It IS (psychologically) much easier to go over on calories when you're very close to goal like I am. Because I've experienced first hand that careful logging and staying in a deficit the majority of the time works...while also living life in the real world and accepting there will be days you go over. And that's ok.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I don't track and ate a lot but I'm sure nowhere near how much I need to eat to gain. Holidays and weekends actually throw off my eating schedule.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    No, but then (TMI) I got sick after dessert so it may have evened out
  • earce84
    earce84 Posts: 9 Member
    Got a great workout in Sunday morning since we we're having our family dinner at an Italian restaurant. I kept my word and ate light and stayed away from all the extra carbs. So far I feel great this morning
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    I stayed just slightly under and didn't feel deprived either!
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Went over by 154 calories, so definitely not a big deal. I was incredibly surprised that I managed not to binge milk chocolate hanging around. Had my piece of dark chocolate and was happy as can be.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Since I knew what the menu was in advance (and that there would be lots of junk food available) I was able to pre-log days in advance and get my mind "right" before the day arrived.
    I tried to overestimate calories also, just in case, all that rich food. (I did dream that I pigged out on cupcakes though, and had to assure myself when I woke up that I hadn't actually.)