Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    How do I add you?
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9, I am close to Toronto. It was winter till yesterday. It is going to get warm this weekend. Up to 13 degrees on Sunday and next week it will be very warm some days. Long over due.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Partial progress on the Friending thing ... someone must have sent me a Friend Request, because there is now a little "4" beside the head&shoulders icon on my Home tab (thank you, whoever you are) . But when I click on it, that webpage STILL doesn't open. Sometimes it gives up, sometime it says "System administrators have been notified of the problem".

Do I have to make sure something is checked off in my settings somewhere?
  • JuliBiGoolee
    JuliBiGoolee Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    OK - HOW do I add a Friend from this group? The process seems to have changed while I was inactive for several years ....

I'm on my phone app but, click on their user name, bring up profile, click on person icon, it'll prompt to send message (I don't think you have to write anything but I just put I'm also on this challenge and add my profile name) then click on the send arrow. Another way is to go under "friends" and search them using their user name. And add friend
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Thanks, JuliBGoolee. Watch for a message and a Friend request from me.

Can whoever else sent me a Friend request also send me an email? Then I will know who to try and Friend Request back if my settings don't eventually correct themselves so that I can see and accept incoming.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm in. I think I need some motivation and accountability to get back on track.
    CW: 154lbs
    GW: 130lbs
    Target for 20th May: 150lb

We can do this.
  • melanie3885
    melanie3885 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I see many people posting "I need some motivation" or variations. Do you know the difference between motivation and dedication? (I got the following from a fitness poster I saw once upon a time)

"Motivation is when you do what you have to do because you want to.
    Dedication is when you do what you have to do even when you don't want to."

When Motivation is low, stick with Dedication.

Dedication gets you through plateaus and other personal challenges until measurable, visible progress re-appears (seemingly by magic, but really because it just finally reached critical mass), and perks up your Motivation.

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I see many people posting "I need some motivation" or variations. Do you know the difference between motivation and dedication? (I got the following from a fitness poster I saw once upon a time)

"Motivation is when you do what you have to do because you want to.
    Dedication is when you do what you have to do even when you don't want to."

When Motivation is low, stick with Dedication.

Dedication gets you through plateaus and other personal challenges until measurable, visible progress re-appears (seemingly by magic, but really because it just finally reached critical mass), and perks up your Motivation.

Yes I 100% agree! I know I just wrote that I need motivation but what I really need is dedication.
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Partial progress on the Friending thing ... someone must have sent me a Friend Request, because there is now a little "4" beside the head&shoulders icon on my Home tab (thank you, whoever you are) . But when I click on it, that webpage STILL doesn't open. Sometimes it gives up, sometime it says "System administrators have been notified of the problem".

Do I have to make sure something is checked off in my settings somewhere?

It was me! I tried again. Let me know if you get my msg and friend request. Not completely sure how it works on different devices. Hopefully we can figure it out lol
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Thanks, karenesg. I now see a 5 beside the head&shoulders, but no emails. And still can't open. I am strictly pc-access. I will try sending YOU a friend request and see what happens. Let me know if it gets through.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I now have 2 Friends and I got mail! (still can't access the pending incoming Friend Requests, but at least the ones I sent out worked!) <3B)<3
  • ripadula2957
    ripadula2957 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the discussion but I'm in!
    My mom is getting remarried in about a year and I need to go down a size before her wedding. I'm a little down from 170 lbs.
    I probably won't do daily check-in's but I'll be on here at least once a week.

Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 166 lbs. (last I was on a scale a couple weeks ago)
    Body Fat: 35%
  • eyelikesharx
    eyelikesharx Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    YES! Needed this
  • NameAqui
    NameAqui Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m in!
    SW 195
    GW 9/1 is 170
    Ultimate GW is 135
  • Willowwhirl
    Willowwhirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • argentum
    argentum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!! Need support to get this weight off!!! Please add me, friend me or whatever it is here at MFP. :)
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Thank you!!