Favourite type of cardio

Options
124»

Replies

• stompybird1911
    stompybird1911 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Rowing, erging specifically. I started freshman year and got hooked.
  • jaxsmama123
    jaxsmama123 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    literally nothing lol but rowing or jogging is tolerable for me
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Step aerobics
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I take a variety of dance classes and love them! I also will do 10 min mini workouts that I find on Youtube. Popsugar Fitness is one of my favorite channels.
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The kind where I go lift weights.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Mine is running - outside. Treadmill running is boring with a capital B, too much like a chore.

Its the one thing I do that is fitness goal oriented and I like to challenge myself (I have a half marathon this coming Saturday for example). Its also my stress reliever, my 'me' time as well as I need to have some time to myself.

OP to lose body fat you mention, sticking to your calorie deficit is what's going to give you results in that aspect. Cardio is great for health and/or fitness related goals, but if you really want to improve tummy, arms, etc. pick up some weights or start out with body weight (look at Fitness Blender, etc) you will get some great results. That said, you can do any cardio you want based on indoor/outdoor, equipment you plan to buy, or doing it outside, etc.

Thank you for the comment. I am very new to this but I thought that cardio was the way to lose body fat and weights were for building muscle. So I thought to loose weight I would have to do cardio as much as I hate it hahaha. Cardio really does feel like a chore though

Don't ever do anything you hate doing, cause eventually you will stop doing it. Weights will help you build a little muscle, which you can because you are new to doing it, these will taper off but you can maintain those muscles while you lose body fat. You can do a little of both if you like. You can start with body weight as well.

There are some body weight and dumbbell routines and links in this if you are interested.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Thank you. My main focus is to lose the body fat around my tummy and upper arms. That is my first goal. I'm not seriously overweight or anything but would love to gain some confidence in my body. I'm so fed up of feeling conscious and want to feel good about myself. I try to go for a fast paced walk everyday with my little one in the buggy which I enjoy. I just don't know where to go next with it all as I just really want to lose the belly and arm fat to feel good

You will get there in time with losing the belly fat and reducing arms as long as you keep sticking to the cals deficit. You will lose weight all over so you will notice these stubborn areas are coming off slow/last. Keep at it and be patient. Fact paced walks with the little sounds fun. This activity/exercise burns calories which will help you with the fat loss. :smile:
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Fat burning evening workout is my favourite.

https://www.changeinseconds.com/fat-burning-evening-workout/