Weighing yourself

Options
2»

Replies

• JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Every morning but i dont put any merit in the weight aspect, i look more at the break down of my lean muscle mass, bone density, bmi and water density. (fancy scale) those stay fairly the same even when my weight shifts. Sunday am I was 200lbs this am I was 197, but the afore mentioned all remained within a point of each other.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    JDMac82 wrote: »
    Every morning but i dont put any merit in the weight aspect, i look more at the break down of my lean muscle mass, bone density, bmi and water density. (fancy scale) those stay fairly the same even when my weight shifts. Sunday am I was 200lbs this am I was 197, but the afore mentioned all remained within a point of each other.

Fancy or not, those scales aren't very accurate
  • rcreynol3090
    rcreynol3090 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Daily.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I weight daily and record losses.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Daily, but the number that is important to me is my weekly average. I never freakout on a one day weighing. I remember on christmas week, I had gained 5-6 lbs overnight and my average weight for that week was still lower than the previous weeks average.
  • susanpasq
    susanpasq Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Every day - it helps me understand fluctuations and know that if it shows 2 pounds more after a night out it is not a real weight gain.
  • kew1952
    kew1952 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Monday and Thursday and I log in both days.
  • MisterDale235
    MisterDale235 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • xWintersKnightx
    xWintersKnightx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Every day.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning. I log my weight in an Excel spreadsheet with a column that calculates a 7-day moving average. It's the trend of this average that I pay attention to, it smooths out daily fluctuations.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Used to be daily but because I've been away from home for weeks it had been a month until last weekend when I got home again.
  • DaveinSK
    DaveinSK Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I try every morning before breakfast so that conditions are relatively the same. Even then it can fluctuate +/- 1lbs day to day, so having more sample points is nice to keep track of the trendline.