Your favourite kitchen tool (next to the scale)

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Cuisinart Griddler. I've never actually used it, but my husband uses it several times a week to make us great sandwiches, seared tofu, pancakes, etc. We got it as a gift and didn't think we would use it.

I just bought the waffle plates for mine. I use it with one plate or another 3-4 times a week. Will use it less as the weather warms up and I fire up the grill, but I'm pressed at how nicely it cooks a steak or burger.

And the waffles on Easter were good.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My rice maker. I traded my old roommate a coin purse for it.

(It's a really basic one with literally one button and she had had it for a few years before giving it to me but I still definitely got the better end of the deal!)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
    Options
    ice cream scoop... :)

You Sir win this thread! <3
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,395 Member
    Options
    koslowkj wrote: »
    My rice maker. I traded my old roommate a coin purse for it.

(It's a really basic one with literally one button and she had had it for a few years before giving it to me but I still definitely got the better end of the deal!)

Oh yes! I'm so glad I bought a rice cooker! I'm getting more into donburies and similar dishes, and the prepping, even just for one person can be pretty wild. I'm so glad if I don't need to look after the rice.
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    I convinced my wife to register for a Black & Decker toaster oven when we were getting married. My parents have always had a toaster oven where as she grew up with a slot toaster. The B&D my parents got for their wedding last like 25 years. Five years of daily or more use and still going strong. Since it's just the two of us we do our dinner protein in it more often than not. Quicker and more energy efficient than using the full-size oven for 3-4 chicken breast cutlets, pork chops, salmon, or tilapia. We also bought a Zwilling Henkels knife set with wedding gift cards and they are divine.
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Scissors. Yes, I’m that person who cuts almost everything with scissors. Everything.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    T-fal opti-grill , I use it 3 or 4 times a week.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Cast iron griddle
    Spiralizer
    Food processor
    Slow cooker
    Thermometer
    Pasta maker
    Pizza stone
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Quality knives, quality pans, kitchen aid mixer, food processor, graters & zesters, ninja pulse. I'm sure there's more as my entire dining room is basically an extension of my kitchen. LOL
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Dutch ovens (yes, I have more than one)
    Rice cooker/steamer
    Cleaver
    Wok
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Chef's knife, good cutting board, Vitamix, espresso machine, Wolfgang puck stainless cookware, barbeque grill, mandolin and food processor. It's not possible for me to choose one. Just bought spiralizer, would be interesting to try.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    My mandoline slicer! Makes nice even slices any size from thick to paper thin!

I have an irrational fear of mandolin slicers (and deli slicers, too).

Same. I bought a $40 one, used it once, gave it away.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

What is it that you slice with it? Vegetables? I've never seen one in action, much less owned one, but I do hate chopping vegetables.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I forgot a few more of mine in addition to the spiralizer:

stainless steel pots/pans
    stainless steel garlic press
    bread machine--we got it for our wedding 20 years ago this June, and we still use it weekly to make pizza dough
    little mini food processor--I mostly use it now for making pesto a 2-4 times per month, depending on the season
    slow cooker--mostly used now for cooking a whole chicken, but sometimes use for other meals as well
    wine bottle opener!!
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A dehydrator. I don't use it as often as I'd like to, but when I do..... Love it, love it, love it.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options

What is it that you slice with it? Vegetables? I've never seen one in action, much less owned one, but I do hate chopping vegetables.

Yep, lots of veggies! Mostly I use it for zucchini, beets and to make onion rings. I cook a lot and when veggies are cut the exact same size, everything cooks evenly. It's much faster than slicing by hand, too.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    Can opener :laugh:
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    My cast iron cookware.

yeah I would be lost without my cast iron pans..

But I can't wait until I can say my barbecue in response to this thread. I Love cooking over wood and lump charcoal.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Honestly tho as boring as it is my most useful tool is my 21 day fit containers, and other meal prep containers. Its really helped me make it convenient to get my diet to a sustainable plan.