is it possible to make a waist smaller in width

Options
124»

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have the same issue and no amount of weight loss or strength training has "fixed" it. I have 32-28-29 measurements. My mom and sister are the same. They both had to have C sections because the doctors were worried at how abnormally narrow their hips were.

The narrow hips are what make our waists looks huge and "out of proportion". Unfortunately, even when I was underweight I STILL had a 28in waist. I have leaned to try and accept it. I just can't really wear a lot of the flattering clothing that I wish I could because I look like a boy.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Kst76 wrote: »
    Im 5'6 1/2 43 and 174lbs. I have a 28 inch waist and the smallest it was was 25 when I was like 13. my hips are 38.5 inches. so my hips are larger than my waist. couldnt imagine it being the other way around. I dont think my waist is going to get much smaller even if I do lose the rest of the weight.at 140 I had the same size waist as I do now.
    Are you in to weightlifting?
    Youbhave great measurments for somebody yiur height and weight. I wish i looked liked that.
    Im 5' 55" and weigh 156 and my waist is 32 to 33 " and my hips are 39.5. :(

I was lifting weights, now I do body weight workouts and am going to slowly ease back into lifting heavy again,I had an injury and am taking it slow. so yeah weight lifting helped change how my body looks. before I started I was 209 I had a almost 40 inch waist,48 hips,38 bust. my thighs were over 30 inches each they are down to 23 inches.(but they look bigger). I lost a lot of fat and look smaller than I did when I was a lower weight. my bust is a 34 now but same cup size