2018 Concerts

Options

Replies

• DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I just found out my husband is getting us tickets for Beyonce & Jay Z in July!!! I couldn't be more excited! (unless it was on a weekend I guess... it's on a wednesday >_<)

@TheRoadDog I'm also planning on seeing George Thorogood on August 5th!

I already saw Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd tribute band) in January and plan on seeing them again this summer in addition to Zoso (Led Zeppelin tribute band).

I wanted to see Flogging Molly too but I can't do any of the dates around here :(
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I really want to go see Tyr, they are playing in Montreal ( I live near Ottawa) but the concert is on a Tuesday :/
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I just found out my husband is getting us tickets for Beyonce & Jay Z in July!!! I couldn't be more excited! (unless it was on a weekend I guess... it's on a wednesday >_<)

I already saw Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd tribute band) in January and plan on seeing them again this summer in addition to Zoso (Led Zeppelin tribute band).

I wanted to see Flogging Molly too but I can't do any of the dates around here :(

You'll love George Thorogood. He's great live. Saw him at a Motorcycle Rally in Reno a couple years ago. Then , took my wife to see him last year. Now he's playing here in Portland in July.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

You'll love George Thorogood. He's great live. Saw him at a Motorcycle Rally in Reno a couple years ago. Then , took my wife to see him last year. Now he's playing here in Portland in July.

My parents have seen him twice and invited us to go with them, they said he's amazing!
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Seeing Rod Stewart in June at Ceaser's Palace. Can't wait! He is my favorite! Will be my fourth time!
  • tiggerwoo1
    tiggerwoo1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pink in 2 1/2 weeks, Banjobeque in May (beer, bbq and banjos) and Elton John in November.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Just went to see Billy Currington last Friday.

Have tickets to see:
    Cold Train this Friday
    Zac Brown in June at Fenway Park in Boston
    Sugarland in August

People coming around that I am trying to get tickets for:
    Justin Timberlake
    Jason Aldean
    Journey/Def Leppard
    Thomas Rhett
    Elton John

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    what is the best site to locate concerts? I miss several because I don't hear about it here in the boonies........VA/USA

Follow the bands you like on a social media account or they might have a specific fan website or bandcamp. I haven't used facebook in ages to post about my life, but all the bands I like have a facebook page and they all announce tours and merch sales and album releases, so I haven't got rid of my account yet because it easy to have all the news in one spot.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Just saw Robert Plant. Also have tickets to Foo Fighters

How was the show? I saw Robert Plant just over 10 years ago and he was AMAZING!

I'd love to hit up a few concerts this year but first I need a concert going partner!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Started the year with Jason Mraz, next is James Taylor followed by Justin Timberlake then Imagine Dragons. Decided to skip Elton John since we have seen him twice in the past 5 years and I suspect ticket prices will be insane.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Half hometown boys Mastodon in May, Slayer's last tour in August, Metallica in November.
  • ctownson
    ctownson Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    2wyti6k4apuq.jpg

Also planning for Evanescence With Lindsey Stirling in August!
  • millionsofpeaches1
    millionsofpeaches1 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Weezer
    Kenny Chesney (I'm still trying to get out of this one, anyone wanna go with my wife?)

I’ll go with her to see Kenny Chesney if I can go to the others too
  • millionsofpeaches1
    millionsofpeaches1 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    qsdlrgfi9kbt.jpg
    My son got me a ticket to this for my Birthday, we will be going together <3

There are several of those that I’d love to see
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    kballsocc wrote: »
    what is the best site to locate concerts? I miss several because I don't hear about it here in the boonies........VA/USA

Follow the bands you like on a social media account or they might have a specific fan website or bandcamp. I haven't used facebook in ages to post about my life, but all the bands I like have a facebook page and they all announce tours and merch sales and album releases, so I haven't got rid of my account yet because it easy to have all the news in one spot.

I agree with this ^

I've also found it helpful to "like" all of my favorite venues that are within reasonable driving distances (for me that's roughly 3 hours from home) because they announce events regularly, too.

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    kballsocc wrote: »

I agree with this ^

I've also found it helpful to "like" all of my favorite venues that are within reasonable driving distances (for me that's roughly 3 hours from home) because they announce events regularly, too.

I get most of my concert news from emails from Ticketmaster and LiveNation and the venues themselves. Especially the pre-sale options.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    ugh.. I haven't had a chance to go to any concerts that I planned to in March. Fingers crossed that July and August, I get to go to a couple of my fav SO Cal Bands. :)