2018 Concerts

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    So far, I'm going to see Dave Matthews and Pentatonix at the Lakeview Amphitheater.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Blue October

Barenaked Ladies
    Better Than Ezra
    KT Tunstall

Dropkick Murphys
    Flogging Molly

Counting Crows
    Live

Live is touring? I love them!

There aren't many bands I'd pay to see these days, but would love to see Muse, Coldplay, and Dave Matthews Band.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Two big ones for me are:

-Franz Ferdinand next week.
    -The Cure 40th Anniversary show on July 9 at Hyde Park, London, with: Interpol, Goldfrapp, Editors, RIDE, Slowdive(band), The Twilight Sad (Official) and more. Might be the last time they play. You never know.
    -The Vaccines in July
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    rdevol wrote: »
    Blue October

Barenaked Ladies
    Better Than Ezra
    KT Tunstall

Dropkick Murphys
    Flogging Molly

Counting Crows
    Live

Live is touring? I love them!

There aren't many bands I'd pay to see these days, but would love to see Muse, Coldplay, and Dave Matthews Band.

Yes, Live is doing a short summer tour with Counting Crows. Looking forward to it!

I would love to see Muse, Coldplay and Dave Matthews as well. Solid choices!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    dcresider wrote: »
    Two big ones for me are:

-Franz Ferdinand next week.
    -The Cure 40th Anniversary show on July 9 at Hyde Park, London, with: Interpol, Goldfrapp, Editors, RIDE, Slowdive(band), The Twilight Sad (Official) and more. Might be the last time they play. You never know.
    -The Vaccines in July

That Cure show sounds amazing...I would LOVE to see all of those bands!
    I have to say though after seeing Robert Smith perform a decade ago seeming really old & ill, and then in June 2015 he seemed much healthier and on top of his game again! So maybe they have quite a bit of touring left to do! Enjoy.

• dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @seltzermint555 - yeah, it's been a while since I last saw the Cure, possibly the mid/late 90s and hubby hasn't seen them live at all. So, we got VIP tickets and making a big trip out of it (and heading to Scotland priop to the show). Can't wait.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Going to see ZZ Top in a couple of weeks. I am sure there will be more before the year is over.

Last year, It was Chicago, Foreigner, The Doobie Brothers, Eddie Money, Starship and Cheap Trick
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Will be traveling over 1000 miles to see Neko Case with Ray LaMontagne in July in my home state. :)

Very excited as I've been trying to go to one of her shows since 2004.

Will probably see something in September as well, but haven't decided just yet what to see.
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Moon_Stone wrote: »
    Fleet Foxes

One of my favorite groups. You listen to Father John Misty as well?
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Dave Matthews Band. Any one else out there, feel free to friend request!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,809 Member
    Options
    qsdlrgfi9kbt.jpg
    My son got me a ticket to this for my Birthday, we will be going together <3

Parenting done right!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,809 Member
    Options
    Seeing Judas Priest, Saxon & Black Star Riders this Sunday with my 12 year old (his first metal show)

Slayer, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Testament and Behemoth
    Halestorm & Mastodon

We saw Slayer with Lamb of God and Behemoth last year - Anthrax and Testament weren't there but we've heard them other times. It's not Slayer, it's F'in SLLLLAAAAYYYYYYERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

We're going to see Mastodon, although they're going to be co-headlining with Primus instead.

We've seen The Mighty Saxon several times, the last time with Motorhead (one of their last ever concerts - Rock in Peace Lemmy!)

We've been this year to '80's Weekend last January
    https://www.microsofttheater.com/events/detail/80sweekend5

We've got tickets to https://www.ocregister.com/2018/02/20/the-human-league-the-motels-dramarama-and-more-will-hit-huntington-state-beach-for-the-like-totally-80s-festival/

and have tickets to this
    https://www.microsofttheater.com/events/detail/80sweekend6
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Kandle if I can brave the subways and street cars and to get there on a thursday night.
    Really want to go
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Fleet Foxes

One of my favorite groups. You listen to Father John Misty as well?

That’s cool. I’ve heard one song by Father John Misty. I don’t know a huge amount of Fleet Foxes songs either. My friend invited me to go with her. So I thought I’d give it a whirl. Any favorite songs to look out for?

Father John Misty was the former drummer of Fleet Foxes (J. Tillman).

Favorite songs of Fleet Foxes would have to be Montezuma, He Doesn't Know Why, Tiger Mountain Peasant Song, White Winter Hymnal (my son's favorite) and Your Protector.

However, the tour you're seeing is for the Cracked Up album which came out not that long ago and features some new stuff. :)
  • southerngirl1966
    southerngirl1966 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lauryn hill and beyonce so far and kevin hart. but maybe that is a show and not a concert
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Next up:
    Glass Animals
    Ray La Montagne
    Lauryn Hill

I would love to see Glass Animals!!
    7H3_J0K3R wrote: »
    Only thing planned as of now is Foo Fighters. I'm sure that won't be the only one though.

Add Dierks Bentley w/Brothers Osborne.

+ Gary Clark Jr

I want to see Gary Clark Jr.!!

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Come on down Mr. Snoop Dogg. :)
    And kick me down a tee shirt while you're at it. Be nice, and be on time. Don't be a dbag please. Thanks!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Edit:
    Smashbutt (bring extra ear plugs)
    Smashbutt (same as above :/ )
    Edit, edit: Almost A Roadie Thoughts For The Day: "Oh no, not again, and again, and again."
    https://youtu.be/fXCzxR7fe20