Phase 1 80 Day Obsession - Disappointing

2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    With only 15 lb to lose, it's realistic to expect about 0.5 loss per week. In one post you said you'd lost 1.5 in 4 weeks, so you're very close to 0.5 per week.
  • molldoll36
    molldoll36 Posts: 5 Member
    raindawg wrote: »
    I'm curious. How do you know you are consuming 1200 to 1500 per day and burning 2200. How are you measuring that? I agree that your weight loss seems too low for those levels.
    I use MFP to determine calories if they’re not listed on a package. I use a Fitbit to tell me how many calories I’m burning. So from what I’m hearing here that’s an estimate.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    molldoll36 wrote: »
    I use MFP to determine calories if they’re not listed on a package. I use a Fitbit to tell me how many calories I’m burning. So from what I’m hearing here that’s an estimate.

While exercise is great for health and nutrition is important for that as well, weight loss really comes down to a calorie deficit. And the best way to be sure you're in a deficit is by using a food scale. I'm not super knowledgeable about your program, but if you're depending on exercise to create a deficit for you without tracking calories with a food scale, you may end up spinning your wheels if you're over-estimating on exercise and under-estimating on food. It's pretty easy to have them cancel each other out. Also, if you aren't enjoying the program, why keep going with it? Why not find something you enjoy?
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    I agree with one of the posters above that your torso/abdomen looks significantly different to me.

I've been doing the 80 Day Obsession workouts and I really like them, but my goal is more personal fitness related and not weight loss related as I've been in maintenance for quite some time. I'm on week 3. It's my first time doing any kind of Beachbody thing. I'm not using Shakeology (expensive garbage in my opinion - I like to eat my food) or following the nutrition plan with the colored containers. Just looking at the nutrition plan, and after losing weight and being in maintenance for a few years now, I can say fairly certainly that, at least for me, unless I was using only the lowest calorie options for each of the containers during the day, I'd be eating too many calories to lose weight and maybe too many even for maintenance. Also the workouts, though typically 3-4 out of the 6 of them are nearly an hour a day, don't burn a huge amount of calories.

If your goal is to lose weight, you'd be better off investing in a food scale and tracking your food more precisely. Weight loss mostly happens in the kitchen. Keep doing the workouts if you like them - I find them challenging and like them but if you don't like them, there are plenty of other exercise options.