OMAD works

Options
I have been targeting 1500 calories a day to keep myself around 150-155 lbs. I used to count calories and have 3 meager, carefulll measured meals a day. I have tried having just one awesome (1500 calorie) meal after work - this works! Easy. Satisfying. In addition to my one meal a day - I have breakfast with the work mates every Friday and burgers + beers with friends onece a week. I’m still 150-155 lbs. after 6 months of not dieting and very little exercise.

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    garygtmm wrote: »
    I have been targeting 1500 calories a day to keep myself around 150-155 lbs. I used to count calories and have 3 meager, carefulll measured meals a day. I have tried having just one awesome (1500 calorie) meal after work - this works! Easy. Satisfying. In addition to my one meal a day - I have breakfast with the work mates every Friday and burgers + beers with friends onece a week. I’m still 150-155 lbs. after 6 months of not dieting and very little exercise.

Congratulations!!! I do OMAD too but I don't count calories and the only exercise I do is walking. My goal is to always be under 130 and I've gotten down to 122 so that I can have a larger maintenance window. You can find me in the OMAD group also :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    I am glad the OP started this thread. I didn't know what OMAD was but kept seeing Brendalea69 being successful with it in her weekly updates. I think different things work for different folks and over time, that "thing" might change also but it's nice to see success stories.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've always found the idea intriguing, but I have no idea how you would get your protein minimums in only one meal. I had a hard time when I tried intermittent fasting. Plus, I think you are limited on your absorption.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    nevermind
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would work for me. When I end up having it happen by circumstance, I start out starving but eat less than what would normally be two meals for me, so I don't catch up. I got enough calories when that happened recently because of a medical diagnostic, but I used it as an excuse to eat big servings of a couple of calorie dense treats, which would not be a good strategy for doing this frequently.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finding what works for you. It doesn't work for me. I just can't get my nutrition right on it, especially protein. It gets stressful when the day is over and I'm only at 20 or so grams of protein then have to stuff my face with things I don't like to get at least to the bare minimum. I do it occasionally when I know I'm going out, and because it's occasional, I'm not as worried about nutrition. As a daily thing, though, not the best option for me.