Can coffee count as water? I fail to see why not?

Options
Can coffee count as water? I fail to see why not? (I'm sure there are a million reasons....)

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Sayanogo wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    Why do you feel the need to count water? Do you really forget to drink enough in a day? The whole "counting water" thing is one of the silliest myths in health and fitness.

Confession, I totally do. I have a problem with ignoring my thirst so being conscientious about making sure I get enough fluids is important for me. I've been chastised by doctors since I was a child for being dehydrated all the time.

Not saying it's the same for op, but counting fluids isn't necessarily dieting woo.

I guess its an individual thing. I just couldn't imagine it myself.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Sayanogo wrote: »
    Why do you feel the need to count water? Do you really forget to drink enough in a day? The whole "counting water" thing is one of the silliest myths in health and fitness.

Confession, I totally do. I have a problem with ignoring my thirst so being conscientious about making sure I get enough fluids is important for me. I've been chastised by doctors since I was a child for being dehydrated all the time.

Not saying it's the same for op, but counting fluids isn't necessarily dieting woo.

I guess its an individual thing. I just couldn't imagine it myself.

I did for a while, just to be sure I was on track. But I counted black coffee as water as well.

I stopped as it was clear I was drinking enough.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I really do think the drink water dieting woo is that some people are less likely to mindlessly eat or drink caloric beverages if they are focusing on drinking water.