Can coffee count as water? I fail to see why not?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and the ice in my smoothie get counted.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    DorothyM11 wrote: »
    And wine is a fruit, right?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Counts for me. I have a lot of coffee and my pee is almost almost clear. I don't drink too much "pure water".
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    If coffee and diet coke don't "count" as water then my Dad has somehow managed to live to age 80 without drinking any water for decades. He has a couple of coffees in the morning and a couple of diet cokes throughout the day and that's it. He accidentally took a sip from my sister's glass of water a few years ago and almost did a spit-take... made a face like he just tasted something awful and said "that tastes terrible, what is it?".

People claiming that it's hard to drink water usually annoy me (it's just water, what's the big deal, it tastes neutral and thirst-quenching), but that's hilarious.

I really think the best analogy is one someone already gave upthread. If drinking some water and eating some chocolate covered espresso beans counts as drinking water, why wouldn't drinking the water with the beans in it count?
  • lennyspruce
    lennyspruce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I tend to be routinely dehydrated, so counting my water reminds me to drink something, whether tea or water (I only sometimes drink coffee). For those folks surprised that people need to track fluid consumption, yes, some people need to be reminded to drink. If I don't track it I end up peeing dark yellow. I track tea, because if I didn't I sometimes wouldn't drink anything at all in a day. How do people drink plain water?
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think one of the reasons for the drink 8 glasses of water a day rule was to fill your stomach with liquid, which keeps you from feeling hungry. But that always used to be a standard answer for WW clients who weren't losing -- if you drank your 8 glasses a day you were going to 'flush out the fat'.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Currently I don't log water or coffee, but I wouldn't mind forcing myself to track coffee, as I tend to drink too much some days and want to know how it affects me. Maybe I'll start logging only coffee as water.
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I count water only when I’m medicating. I count the glass I swallow the tablets with. Helps me keep track of whether I’ve remembered to take the correct number in a day :smiley: . Otherwise, not at all. I drink so much coffee, tea, diet soda, and multiple glasses of plain water every day, I’d never remember to log it all anyway.
    As others have said, if your pee is pale straw colour, you’re well hydrated.