Which is your favourite Aldi chocolate?

Options
I love them all - but which is your favourite treat?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    The dark chocolate covered shortbread and the coffee and cream. (Not chocolate, but with the chocolate, does that count?)
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The dark chocolate covered shortbread and the coffee and cream. (Not chocolate, but with the chocolate, does that count?)

Why yes it does! I am also a coffee fan :)
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Their dark chocolate sea salt caramels are awesome!!! Especially paired with a double espresso....
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Their dark chocolate sea salt caramels are awesome!!! Especially paired with a double espresso....

Oh girl we must be twins!! For me the espresso would have cream :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I’ll have to try more of the chocolate. I got a bag of individually wrapped dark chocolates and they were No good at all and I haven’t tried again. My favorite is dove dark chocolate so I was hoping for something like that
  • kfm582
    kfm582 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, now I want some chocolate. I can't even pick a favorite from Aldi. I usually love their chocolate, but I agree with hesn92, the individually wrapped chocolate pieces are not good. Then again, I won't buy Dove anymore either. I think something changed bc now I don't like them.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    What about Lindt Excellence 85%. I used to love,love,love that stuff.now can't stand it. What did they do?
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I enjoy their chocolate covered almonds.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have only tried a few of theirs but was not impressed. I do like some things at Aldi though.
  • hopiemama33
    hopiemama33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like the 85% cocao bars.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    I am always so impressed with the range and quality (belgian) for the price. :) I can't wait to go back to my beloved Aldi!
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My favourite are the chocolate coated strawberry yoghurt bars. They've just started doing a cookies and cream one too. So delicious :)
  • abcdcm143
    abcdcm143 Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I think the brand is Roth Moser Privat. Dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    oh man I love this thread lol. Roth Moser!! I can't wait to see that brand again. Aldi has so much of a variety of belgian-quality chocolate for such reasonable prices!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    None. I won't even buy anything from there at all because everything looks cheap. I walked in and turned right back to my car.

Yeah it was my impression too! I know I need to give it another shot... I bought fruit there once and it was bad the next day, so it wasn't a great first impression on produce.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Aldi is very hit or miss for me (since we're talking Aldi quality here). Their produce is nasty (always rotten and in bad shape. I'd rather pay more for better fruit!) but a lot of their snacks are great. I used to love their Cool Ranch Dorito knock offs and the Girl Scout Cookie-esque treats they had before I counted calories. As far as chocolate goes...hazelnut cream all the way!
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Their chocolate is wonderful. My favorites are the 75% and 85% dark chocolate. I treat myself to 1/2 of those little bars once or twice a week. I also love the dark chocolate marzipan bars Aldi carries during the holidays. Good thing Aldi only carries them once a year--I splurge and eat the entire bar.
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We like the Easter bunnies and large Santa's they do, they look cheap but actually taste nice (I've discovered advent calender chocolate far worse) also the white chocolate slabs, we melt them down to use with my kids lolly stick maker, things like that. Their multi packs that mimic Twix and Mars are also nice.