Which is your favourite Aldi chocolate?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    also love the easter bunnies and santos and yes they look cheap and the quality of the chocolate is good :)
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Oh- the Orange & Almond Dark Chocolate. The Chili Dark Chocolate is also good, if you like that kind of thing.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    None. I won't even buy anything from there at all because everything looks cheap. I walked in and turned right back to my car.

So you'd rather throw away money on nice packaging? ;) Aldi quality is excellent :)

Unbelievably so for biscuits chocolates and pretty much everything else!
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    I even miss the coffee pods, milk and dairy! and the frozen goods!
  • try2again
    Options
    I even miss the coffee pods, milk and dairy! and the frozen goods!

I hadn't been there for quite a while- the closest one is about 40 min. away and had been closed for expansion/remodeling (yay!) When I finally went this last week, I could have kicked myself for all the money I've been wasting & all the good stuff I'd missed! I paid $1 for a gallon of milk!

I saw an article recently that Kohl's and Aldi are looking to team up and have Aldi inside/connected to Kohl's stores. Not wild about that. I think of Kohl's as the king of "marked up original prices so we can claim to have a big sale every week", whereas Aldi has always been about real value.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    Hope Aldi is still the same when I get back home to Australia :)
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Think it's funny people saying Aldi isn't good quality. I first went there out of curiosity, but found such high quality things for such good prices that I kept going back more and more. Are they different quality different places?
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    I heard that the meat in Australia isn't great - but I tend to buy my meat elsewhere. For household products like cleaning, cosmetics etc and the packaged stuff like cereals and of course chocolates and biscuits, and the dairy and some frozen goods I have found them excellent. Also kids leather shoes are great and ski jackets. The only criticism I've ever had myself is once I bought ice-cream and you could tell it was re-frozen and crystallised. Probably just a one-off and I'm sure they would have replaced it for me but I didn't bother asking. That's it! The rest is all fantastic.
  • try2again
    Options
    Think it's funny people saying Aldi isn't good quality. I first went there out of curiosity, but found such high quality things for such good prices that I kept going back more and more. Are they different quality different places?

I think some comments you see about "quality" are more directed towards atmosphere- buying food off of palettes and out of shipping containers, for instance- and many have never actually tried their products. Years ago, my MIL used to turn up her nose at the thought of going there because she thought they must carry expired canned goods from Mexico *eye roll*. Their store-brand staples are on par with any store brand, they have a line of Fit & Active products that are awesome (just bought some 45 calorie F & A multigrain bread for $1.40 on my last trip), and they have several rotating lines of specialty products. I don't buy a lot of meat there, but I do get their 20 oz packages of F & A 93% lean ground turkey for $2.99 (it's $4.99 elsewhere in our area) and packaged deli meats for $3.99/lb. At our new remodeled store, I noticed they are carrying a lot of organic produce & other products, though it doesn't interest me. Their produce is generally very good at dirt-cheap prices. Some company info:

https://corporate.aldi.us/en/aldi-history/

(I don't work for Aldi, BTW- just really like it and wish ours was closer :( )
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love their Choceur dark chocolate with roasted hazelnuts bar. One section is an ounce so it's easy to keep potions under control.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Moser Roth Dark and the Dark with Sea Salt. I also love that they are come in individually wrapped portions!
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Moser Roth Dark and the Dark with Sea Salt. I also love that they are come in individually wrapped portions!

Yes! And people say that packaging looks cheap at Aldi :) lol
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The white chocolate with toasted coconut and corn flakes. That *kitten*'s wild.