Funny things actually-fit people say

Options
I really enjoy seeing/reading the woo people post on social media and other fitness platforms, which is why I frequent the fitbit community page. It's especially eyebrow-raising when it comes from people who already seem fit and have a least most of it figured out.

This girl posted pictures of her very impressively muscled legs with the caption "It's leg day! I usually hit them on Saturday but sometimes you need to confuse your body to break that plateau" I post a comment asking if she is just joking, or does she really think her body is aware of what day of the week she works a body part, to which she replies "lol no I'm serious. If you stick to the same routine & hitting them on the same day your body will reach a plateau. Consequently, your body will NOT (her capitalization) show results to your hard work. Therefore you need to switch everything around to confuse the body."

Oy vey...I know some people like to change up the specific exercises in their routine every few weeks, but this just takes it to such a silly level lol

Replies

• CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I posted this in another thread yesterday. The manager of the Anytime Fitness I use had a female
    in a side room, playing a VR video game, to get her heart rate up into the "fat burning zone."

In other words, more than zero... ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    JMcGee2018 wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread yesterday. The manager of the Anytime Fitness I use had a female
    in a side room, playing a VR video game, to get her heart rate up into the "fat burning zone."

In other words, more than zero... ;)

Sitting at my desk has me in a pretty solid fat burning zone. If I was sleeping I'd be burning an even higher percentage of fat, though, so looks like I better take a nap when I get home instead of doing cardio at the gym tonight!

I like how you think.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends still believe that you have to eat breakfast and can't eat too late at night, and that's it's bad to skip meals. And one thinks that eating gluten free will help her kid with attention issues (I'm quite sure the pediatrician is actually responsible for that one).

There's so much misinformation out there and so little real education about health, it's not really surprising. Especially as health professionals don't seem to have any nutrition education either.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I still hear/read things like "starvation mode" and "no late night eating" and the dreaded "slow metabolism" from fit people who should know better.