Do stomachs shrink?

Options
I'm talking about actual stomach size,,not the ab area,I watch a lot of 600 lb life and when he does the gastric sleeve he'll often comment that it's a huge stomach when he's cutting it out,sorry if it's a dumb question or been asked already but the search button only revealed posts about outer stomach shrinking-thanks :)

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • Freyhb
    Freyhb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I sure feel like today my stomach shrank lol. I'm sure that's not really the case but I got takeout from a Mediterranean place that I really, really wanted to eat and I could only eat a quarter of it. My stomach is so full right now, I can't even breathe. But yeah, before I started to eat, I was feeling ravenous and three bites into it, I started feeling full.
  • Enthusiast84
    Enthusiast84 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Not sure about stomachs shrinking by my appetite has most definitely decreased. :)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/does-dieting-actually-make-your-stomach-shrink-180955521/ stomachs stretch to accommodate food then it after awhile it shrinks back down to size.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Freyhb wrote: »
    I sure feel like today my stomach shrank lol. I'm sure that's not really the case but I got takeout from a Mediterranean place that I really, really wanted to eat and I could only eat a quarter of it. My stomach is so full right now, I can't even breathe. But yeah, before I started to eat, I was feeling ravenous and three bites into it, I started feeling full.

That happens to me too when I'm super hungry! Wonder what causes it?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Freyhb wrote: »

That happens to me too when I'm super hungry! Wonder what causes it?

could be satiation from certain macros? could be other things, some underlying conditions can cause that too. if you have a lot of bloating and feel very full from small amounts of food its best to see a dr about it., if it isnt gas then its nor a normal thing especially if its painful
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What text book is that @ashirley695 ? What's your course of study?
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    mazcor536 wrote: »
    As an adult, your stomach pretty much stays the same size no matter what (unless you have surgery). It’s your appetite that changes. Smaller appetite = feel full quicker.

I love WebMD!