How does it feel to be single?

Options
MrSith
MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
Simple question. How do you feel about being single? How long have you? how do or did you adjust?

Replies

• Scottybebop718
    Scottybebop718 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of hobbies so it never really bothered me much. Relationships come and go. Don't dwell on it.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I love being single. I’ve been single for 5 years now. I don’t know if I’d ever be able to live with someone again.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I have been single since I was 31 and im 58. it feels normal. the home front is peaceful. my social life is unencumbered - whats not to like.
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    everything sounds so positive.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »

The prospect of dying alone in a nursing home — possibly with little consciousness intact —doesn’t thrill me.
  • activities1
    activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Lmao ^ right?
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It hurts!
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I love being single. I’ve been single for 5 years now. I don’t know if I’d ever be able to live with someone again.

This. Just change the 5 to 6 and that's me.
  • kendramnolan
    kendramnolan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been single for 2 years. I have 3 kids. I definitely have my good and bad days. Thinking about how much my friends vent about their partners is the best way to get through it the bad ones. Also, I'll find a way to be social whether it's going out with friends, texting or just posting on a forum (like this!)

I wouldn't say I love being single, but it has given me the opportunity to get to know myself and appreciate my own company. Also, I've found the confidence to get out of my comfort zone and try things I never would have while I was in a comfortable relationship.
  • beagletracks
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

The prospect of dying alone in a nursing home — possibly with little consciousness intact —doesn’t thrill me.

You're being overly dramatic. It's more likely you'll die in your home with all of your cats and they'll eventually find you when someone does a welfare call.

*dogs

Otherwise perfectly accurate
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I have been married 37 years and hope I never find out. We also work together too so it would be a drastic change for me.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    It has its good and bad days

Being 3rd or 5th wheel. Kinda sucks but hey whatever
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    I have been single for 5 years. It took a bit considering I was in a 10 year relationship but I'm good now. I have a little boy and we stay pretty busy. I have come along ways as far as my career... I would like to date again eventually :)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options

You won't know, and if you get lucky, your imaginary friends will be there with you. Being single you won't have to watch a mate go through it either.

I've been single for 6 years. Occasionally I would like to have someone to go out to dinner with other than my friends and family, you know, like a date? I just signed up for Match, mostly out of curiosity, and honestly I don't see that as leading anywhere at this point.