Loose 10kg by in 20 weeks

chyoma001
chyoma001 Posts: 8 Member
Starting a diet plan for my wedding in September!
Who’s interested?

Start Date: April 16th 2018
End date: Sept 3rd 2018

Rules are:

Smaller Portions
No Junk
No carbs for dinner
2x green/detox tea a day
More vegetables, Less Carbs
Calorie maximum daily (1200 - woman 1800- man)
Exercise 3x a week
1x cheat meal a week (optional)

Who’s interested?!!!! Please join me!!!!
Update Progress on this thread every Monday!
See mine below:
—————————————————————-
Start weight: 78kg
Goal Weight: 68kg
Progress: -0kg
Aim: Wedding & General well being

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    OP, I don't know your stats , but enter them all into MFP and tell it you want to lose 1 lb per week. It will give you a calorie goal. Log accurately and consistently, and eat those calories. Plus log your exercise and eat back at least some of those too. Weight loss isn't linear, and doesn't always happen exactly on schedule, so you can't guarantee you will lose all the weight in that time frame, but you'll at least get close.

1200 is the absolute minimum calories allowed, so it should not be the max cals for women. I didn't have much to lose, and I lost weight eating 1500 cals. I would have been hungry, miserable, and weak eating 1200 cals every day and exercising. There isn't one "right" amount of calories for everyone, and 1200 isn't right for the vast majority of women.

You actually don't need any rules at all to lose weight (just eat the right amount of calories) but I wanted to strongly suggest you skip the detox tea - it's just laxatives, and laxatives every day can lead to a dependency, which is no bueno.

To be honest, you should have started earlier, as you're going to have enough to be stressed about right before your wedding, and weight loss is stressful on the body, but as long as you don't put to much pressure on yourself and shrug it off if you have a day off plan you can still make some headway.

Congrats on your wedding, enjoy it!
  • eleonora1809
    eleonora1809 Posts: 85 Member
    chyoma001 wrote: »
    Starting a diet plan for my wedding in September!
    Who’s interested?

Start Date: April 16th 2018
    End date: Sept 3rd 2018

Rules are:

Smaller Portions
    No Junk
    No carbs for dinner
    2x green/detox tea a day
    More vegetables, Less Carbs
    Calorie maximum daily (1200 - woman 1800- man)
    Exercise 3x a week
    1x cheat meal a week (optional)

Who’s interested?!!!! Please join me!!!!
    Update Progress on this thread every Monday!
    See mine below:
    —————————————————————-
    Start weight: 78kg
    Goal Weight: 68kg
    Progress: -0kg
    Aim: Wedding & General well being

I’m trying to lose 10kg too. But I feel like the “no” part is a little extreme. If you restrict too much, you’d end up binge eating. There are no details to your diet plan either. What is “no carbs”? because fruits contain carbs too. I love having sweet potatoes for dinner and they’re good carbs.

Take a deep breathe & don’t get stressed out.
    Good luck.

• chyoma001
    chyoma001 Posts: 8 Member
    JMcGee2018 wrote: »
    chyoma001 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advise I’ll do my best to stick to this diet plan as it worked for me in the past where I went from 86kg to 74kg and shape the way I eat. I set rules for myself because they motivate me. You can do what’s best for u, you do not need to follow my rules.

How long did it work for you, though? Are you still at 74kg and want to lose from that, or did you gain it back. A lot of these comments will help you make sustainable changes so that you can maintain your lower weight rather than gain it all back once you don't have the wedding as a motivator.

I’m 78kg a year after but fluctuate between 75 and 77 so I’ve pretty much maintained it
  • sailorviv4
    sailorviv4 Posts: 1 Member
    My wedding is in September too...