Is there a limited weight loss impact to a large number of calories burned in one day?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,266 Member
    Options
    Before, water weight weirdness. Now, overthinking. Long term trend (weeks, months) tells you what's happening, with respect to fat loss (or muscle gain). Day to day doesn't. Over-focusing on day to day will only make you crazy.

Research says digestive transit can take more than 50 hours, so if you ate more than usual one day, that's relevant. Water weight is a pure unknown in terms of effects' duration: Too many variables.

Try to find a way to care about the weight trend over weeks and months, not just days.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a pattern with me since I've been losing weight. I work Saturday Sunday and Monday. During those days I walk around 10 miles a day and lift thousands of pounds somewhere in the ballpark of 25000 to 35000 a day. During my work days I'll weigh 1 to 2 lbs more then by Wednesday after a day of rest I'll be down 2lbs lower than I was the previous week. This has been routine for me every week. I also do not hydrate as well as I should when I am working. I drink water all day long but it's never enough. It's crazy how the body works.

Today is Wednesday I am down 1.4lbs from last week. During the weekend at work I was up 2lbs from today's weight. Fluctuations are so interesting.