How Often

Options

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Underwear needs to be washed after 1 time wearing it. If you don't that's nasty :D

Kinda what I think on the subject, but men apparently have very different ideas. Some I know will wear the same dirty pair more than once or "rotate" them until they can't tolerate the smell anymore. :expressionless:

What? No way. :noway:
    Men, women, whomever, but any PERSON who doesn't have enough personal hygiene to do this is utterly disgusting.
    Surely, these men you know are homeless?
    Ain't no way they are dating anyone or can get anywhere in life personally or professionally if they smell like a dirty diaper.

I wish I could say that they were, but no.. they were just gross (and/or possibly severely depressed). We're still great friends, but no way would I visit them in their homes again.
  • The_Canadian_Apex
    The_Canadian_Apex Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Underwear gets washed after worn once.
    I usually pick 2 or 3 shirts for the week and alternate between them. I have a complete different set of clothes for work so really those shirts are worn to work and for a few hours after work before I go to bed.
    Jeans.... once in awhile. No timetable really. Just whenever I feel they need a washing.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Boxers get worn once and that's it. Gym jogging pants get 5 days and then washed before the start of the next workout week. I don't wear my jeans very often so unless they get dirty it's long time as at most i wear them 5 hours a month. Shirts are daily too. That said i just grab my stuff back out of the basket so i have brand new clothes from years ago as i don't swap out until my stuff gets holes.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Unless you can smell them, then I guess you will know immediately. Or if you cleaned their apartment....
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    For most clothing everything gets washed after one wear except jeans and skirts for some reason, I'll wear them a few times. Sweaters, like cardigans (ones that you wear a shirt under) I don't wash after every wear either, after a couple wears.
    Towels - one use, bed sheets every other day at least (sometimes every day, but I sometimes feel this is excessive and try to limit it to every other day. Duvet cover every 2 weeks, throw blankets weekly.
    Duvet and pillows, 3 x yearly (eww, I feel dirty admitting that)
    Running shoes/shoe insoles/coats every couple of months.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Unless you can smell them, then I guess you will know immediately. Or if you cleaned their apartment....

The apartment was so bad that not even the insects could survive it. :grimace:
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Underwear, socks and work shirts - once
    Pants - 3-4?
    Jeans - when they walk themselves over to the washing machine. Actually, I have two new pair in rotation and I’m trying to wash them weekly. At least that’s my good intentions.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    It definitely shortens the life of bras to wash them after each wearing but in the hot summer or if you've worn it all day, you have no choice but to wash.

• jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I wash most everything after I wear it except jeans and dress pants/suits
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I wear my Levis two days before I wash them. I toss my work shirts in the laundry every night when I get home. I have 14 of them. All black. 7 are short sleeve and 7 are long sleeve.

I pretty much wear everything once and then wash.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Underwear, socks, T-shirts & polo's after one wearing
    Jeans after 2 or 3 wears
    Dress pants get sent to the dry cleaners after 2 or 2 wears or unless the crease disappears or they wrinkle
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    Once for most. Jeans I can do a couple days, and outer wear like jackets get a good week of wear before washing.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Wash underwear? I never wash underwea......

Wait.

Are we talking about mine or the ones under my car seat?
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    HA!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who give a bra two wears. this however DOES NOT apply to sports bras.. they in the hamper after one workout. One wear (daily) items include undies, workout clothes of all types, socks, t-shirts and such. multiple wear items include hoodies, jeans, sweaters.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    HA!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who give a bra two wears. this however DOES NOT apply to sports bras.. they in the hamper after one workout. One wear (daily) items include undies, workout clothes of all types, socks, t-shirts and such. multiple wear items include hoodies, jeans, sweaters.

I heard a survey the other day that stated most people report only washing their gym after 3 wears? WTF? If you don't need to wash your gym clothes after 1 session, you're doing it wrong.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    I'm with most of these people here.

Underwear only get worn once, then washed.
    Outer layers that don't touch skin get several wears unless they come in contact with something dirty.
    Under shirts or tanks get washed every 1-2 wearings.
    I found some jeans that are made of straight up magic and never stretch out so I get several wears out of them.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options

I heard a survey the other day that stated most people report only washing their gym after 3 wears? WTF? If you don't need to wash your gym clothes after 1 session, you're doing it wrong.

oh god! ewwwwww

200w.gif