How Often

Options

Replies

• alancorey1979
    alancorey1979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Unless you can smell them, then I guess you will know immediately. Or if you cleaned their apartment....

I did that once. Normally one can tell when a pair of panties have been used because for whatever reason when women take them off they roll them up into a little ball... consistent as gravity. I've never known a woman who doesn't do this. When my wife was pregnant and I was banned from accessing the holy land on doctor's orders I decided to do some laundry to get my mind off the banishment... did the ole smell test because of this super rare occasion where the panties were not rolled into a little ball and so I wasn't sure.

I had an erection for hours after that. Pheromones man..... they're real.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Unless you can smell them, then I guess you will know immediately. Or if you cleaned their apartment....

I did that once. Normally one can tell when a pair of panties have been used because for whatever reason when women take them off they roll them up into a little ball... consistent as gravity. I've never known a woman who doesn't do this. When my wife was pregnant and I was banned from accessing the holy land on doctor's orders I decided to do some laundry to get my mind off the banishment... did the ole smell test because of this super rare occasion where the panties were not rolled into a little ball and so I wasn't sure.

You haven't met me, but I am that woman. I've never heard of this "panty ball" thing you're talking about. I just take them off and drop them in the laundry hamper. Why would I squish them into a ball?
  • alancorey1979
    Options
    Ignorance is bliss.

You haven't met me, but I am that woman. I've never heard of this "panty ball" thing you're talking about. I just take them off and drop them in the laundry hamper. Why would I squish them into a ball?

Well it’s not a “ball” per se but it’s like roll up on the edges when they get taken off. It’s like they get rolled off your body rather than taken off your body. I don’t understand this phenomenon. I’m an engineer and have been through advanced mathematics and physics and I can’t figure it out. Lol
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    Ignorance is bliss.

Well it’s not a “ball” per se but it’s like roll up on the edges when they get taken off. It’s like they get rolled off your body rather than taken off your body. I don’t understand this phenomenon. I’m an engineer and have been through advanced mathematics and physics and I can’t figure it out. Lol

:D
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    HA!! Glad to know I'm not the only one who give a bra two wears. this however DOES NOT apply to sports bras.. they in the hamper after one workout. One wear (daily) items include undies, workout clothes of all types, socks, t-shirts and such. multiple wear items include hoodies, jeans, sweaters.

I heard a survey the other day that stated most people report only washing their gym after 3 wears? WTF? If you don't need to wash your gym clothes after 1 session, you're doing it wrong.

I can't imagine re-wearing spent gym clothes before washing them. I'm not a particularly sweaty person, but during a workout my shirts get pretty darn sweaty. One use, then straight to the laundry hamper where hopefully they won't wait too long before hitting the suds of the washing machine.

oh! ok. how long do most of you leave the clothes in the laundry pile before actually washing them?

I do laundry once a week. Wash, then hang all the clothes to dry (for three people).
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Ignorance is bliss.

math is hard.
  • alancorey1979
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Ignorance is bliss.

math is hard.

Nah man. Math is awesome.... as long as it’s applied math. Theoretical math has always bugged me.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Ignorance is bliss.

math is hard.

Theoretical math has always bugged me.

Me Too.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    oh! ok. how long do most of you leave the clothes in the laundry pile before actually washing them?

I don't have a dryer. I can hang 2-3 loads on my clothesline at a time and then wait for them to be dry. Depending on the weather that might be later that day or up to 2 days.
    I live with 2 other humans who wear clothes and use sheets, towels plus have guinea pigs using fleece bedding to be washed frequently so I have to juggle whose laundry gets done.
    I try to wash my clothes once a week. Sometimes it is every two weeks. Sometimes things sit in the laundry longer because the weather has changed and I don't need them as much as I need something else. I don't own enough clothes that fit me to wear everything only once.

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    For most clothing everything gets washed after one wear except jeans and skirts for some reason, I'll wear them a few times. Sweaters, like cardigans (ones that you wear a shirt under) I don't wash after every wear either, after a couple wears.
    Towels - one use, bed sheets every other day at least (sometimes every day, but I sometimes feel this is excessive and try to limit it to every other day. Duvet cover every 2 weeks, throw blankets weekly.
    Duvet and pillows, 3 x yearly (eww, I feel dirty admitting that)
    Running shoes/shoe insoles/coats every couple of months.

Interesting!! I've never known towels and bed sheets to be daily until that was told me as a pointer when last we had house guests. Without the guests, we definitely have reverted to using them many days before changing.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    For most clothing everything gets washed after one wear except jeans and skirts for some reason, I'll wear them a few times. Sweaters, like cardigans (ones that you wear a shirt under) I don't wash after every wear either, after a couple wears.
    Towels - one use, bed sheets every other day at least (sometimes every day, but I sometimes feel this is excessive and try to limit it to every other day. Duvet cover every 2 weeks, throw blankets weekly.

Interesting!! I've never known towels and bed sheets to be daily until that was told me as a pointer when last we had house guests. Without the guests, we definitely have reverted to using them many days before changing.

Washing Towels ???

I have two towels, a damp one and a dry one.

I use them until they break, then just throw them away

I then check into a Holiday Inn and aquire two new ones.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Do you wear certain articles of clothing before washing? I've asked this question several times over my relatively short life and I get different answers from person to person (doesn't matter what their gender is). So, what's your timetable?

How often does one wash their bras for example? Some women are "wear it once and wash it" and others I've heard wear theirs for a week before they give it a scrub.

Curious from a social perspective and sort of wondering if maybe I wash my clothes too often.

I can get at least 5 wears out of my bra before I wash it. Especially when it’s cold out. If it’s hot I can only get one or two wears at most and then I hand wash it, but usually when I get home I just put it on my fan and air it out lmao. I do the same thing with my leggings (not workout leggings) I drape them over my floor mirror. I dunno....... My clothes never smell *shrugs*. I won’t wear the same underwear’s or socks more then once though. I wear nothing but tunics and I usually get them dry cleaned once every three weeks.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Washing Towels ???

I heard there was a nationwide man hunt looking for the Holiday Inn Towel Bandit.

Careful there's cameras every where these days. :smiley:
  • TonyB0588
    Options

Washing Towels ???

So ......, is it cheaper to pay for a room at Holiday Inn than to buy new towels? Hope you've done the math.
  • Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I literally wash everything I wear the first time...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    And then that evening I spilled bbq sauce on my trousers and then washed them.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    uhhh anyone who says they've never worn a pair of undies inside out to get an extra wear out of 'em is a liar

Hmm, so then then your outer clothes get touched by the dirty insides of your undies when you do that?!?!
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    uhhh anyone who says they've never worn a pair of undies inside out to get an extra wear out of 'em is a liar

Hmm, so then then your outer clothes get touched by the dirty insides of your undies when you do that?!?!

Yeah but only the inside of the outer clothes which doesn't matter. Totally fine.