Is being hungry every/most days an indication that you're in the right calorie deficit range?

Options
13»

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I cannot think of a time that I was truly hungry. There were times adjusting to my appropriate caloric intake that I felt an increase in appetite, but whenever this came on I took a moment for some self awareness realizing that this was not true hunger, but habit eating.

To help with this I've learned a few tips that worked well with me.

1. I drink water 30 mins prior to meal times.
    2. I establish a routine around eating, snacking, and log in advance for the majority of days.
    3. I know the foods that are satisfying for me - soups, oatmeal, leafy greens, meat, high fiber foods.
    4. I know the foods that are not satisfying - potato chips, tortilla chips, etc.

I don't eliminate any foods, but I know which foods I need to be cautious around.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    ap1972 wrote: »
    I suffer with low blood sugar on occasions, how often would it need to occur to visit a doctor?

Ideally now. You could buy a blood sugar monitor and check yourself 5 times a day for a week or two but the thing to worry about is that you can have consistent low blood sugar and have no symptoms until it gets to a certain place. If you do test yourself remember you have to stay in the normal range. Too high or too low is a problem.

• ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    ap1972 wrote: »
    I suffer with low blood sugar on occasions, how often would it need to occur to visit a doctor?

Ideally now. You could buy a blood sugar monitor and check yourself 5 times a day for a week or two but the thing to worry about is that you can have consistent low blood sugar and have no symptoms until it gets to a certain place. If you do test yourself remember you have to stay in the normal range. Too high or too low is a problem.

The UK NHS only advise to visit doctors if it "keeps happening" with no guidance on the regularity to prompt a visit. I thought about getting a test kit but the consumables make it an expensive tool.