Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Calorie in calorie out method is outdated

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Just a few friendly reminders:
    1. Be nice to each other- attacking breaks guideline 1

if you have not found your way to the forum guidelines please read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

2. This is the debate section, it was created so posters could respectfully argue their position and explore new information. Please post thought out responses, prepare to support your opinion, and plan to respond to other posters. If you don't want to do that this is not the board for you.

Thanks,

4legs
    MFP moderator

p.s. sorry if my "clean up" is a bit spotty, I am experiencing technical difficulties this morning.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    BayouMoon wrote: »
    "Oh, it's just calories in versus calories out" is so flippant. The brain controls the flow in and out of those calories. Emotions, hormones, environmental conditions, all sorts of things play into how and what we eat. So saying the model of simply looking at calories in versus calories out is outdated. It doesn't work. You have to consider how you eat, when you eat and what you eat. I'm sure everyone on this site knows how much more complicated it is. If you don't deal with the brain and all it's glory, you will not suceed.

Wether you gain, lose or maintain, CICO is always "working"...
This discussion has been closed.