Looking for Breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    stacief82 wrote: »

I have made breakfast burritos ahead of time and froze them in wax paper (if you have the extra calories for a tortilla)

I found these wraps by Ole that are only 50 calories and they are very tasty.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    fresh sliced strawberries and white cheese slices
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Some suggestions:
    • Baked oatmeal - you can make it as savory or sweet as you like
    • Muffin tin "omelettes" - veggies, cheese, meat or any combo of these, pour scrambled egg over and bake 15-20 minutes at 350 (these will freeze)
    • DIY Egg McMuffin - leave off the Canadian bacon for less sodium, make up ahead of time, wrap and freeze or refrigerate, I like a slice of avocado on mine
    • Baked sweet potato with a little cinnamon sprinkled on it
    • Apple with cashew butter and a half cup of yogurt

There really aren't any rules about what you can and can't eat for breakfast. You can eat roasted chicken and a sweet potato, or veggies with hummus, or whatever you'd like if it fits in your plan for the day.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for recipes and ideas for quick or make-ahead breakfast. I work in an office, so some times mornings get rushed. I have a bad habit of just grabbing a muffin or bagel on the go for breakfast. So I'm looking for some ideas that I can make ahead of time or that are really quick in the morning.

I prefer savory breakfast foods to sweet, and hoping for something that's lower in sodium or that I can make substitutes for to make lower in sodium. Been trying to google search for it ... but when I look for low sodium breakfast most of what I get is like yogurt with fruit, or pancakes, or other sweets like that.

I hear ya! Same scenario. My favorite to-go breakfast is fruit and cheese. Get yourself one of those plastic rubbermaid bento-box style containers with three compartments. Slice up whatever kind of cheese you like, then add some fruit. I like apple slices and grapes. Maybe sometimes I'll add either a hard boiled egg or a 100-calorie pita thin to go with it. Boom- healthy breakfast to go.
  • maryjennifer
    maryjennifer Posts: 124 Member
    Options