Have you ever reached a certain weight......

Kst76
Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
edited April 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
.....and it is/ you don't look like you expected?
Today i weighed in at 153.6. I lost over 30 pounds since September. But i thought i would look " skinnier " at this weight. I have this memory of being "skinnier" from when i was 153 last time..lol
Im happy though. Just curious about anybody having the same thoughts.
I am 5'5.35"

Replies

• Kst76
    I kinda did the opposite. I look smaller at this weight this time. These pictures only have about an 8 pound difference. (And I love that you have Tillamook ice cream in your profile pic! ;) )

x0lweehoukhn.jpg

You look beatiful!
    Yes Tillamook is the best. I live in Chicago and just saw this in grocery store the other day. Used to be a westcoast thing. Or west side of The USA.
  • Kst76
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I think bodies just change,I'm nearly to goal weight but I don't remember having so much darn cellulite when I was at this weight before,also my stomach still looks"poofy"

Well, same here..lol
    But i was also 15 years younger last time.......
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Kst76 wrote: »
    I kinda did the opposite. I look smaller at this weight this time. These pictures only have about an 8 pound difference. (And I love that you have Tillamook ice cream in your profile pic! ;) )

x0lweehoukhn.jpg

You look beatiful!
    Yes Tillamook is the best. I live in Chicago and just saw this in grocery store the other day. Used to be a westcoast thing. Or west side of The USA.

Tillamook, Oregon. My grandparents live there. They have a world-famous cheese factory (that also makes ice cream and other dairy items).
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Once hitting goal weight how do you transition into maintenance?
  • MerryMavis1
    MerryMavis1 Posts: 73 Member
    Famof72015 wrote: »

It's a process that can take several months (it took me about 6 months). You start adjusting your calorie intake up bit by bit, until you start holding steady and stop losing.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,783 Member
    Famof72015 wrote: »

There's a thread about that here, with a couple of methods in the OP, plus additional ideas from people who replied:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10638211/how-to-find-your-maintenance-calorie-level
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I do know this feeling somewhat. Way back in 2001, I hit 237 lb and I felt "thin" which I know is crazy, but I was usually around 270-280. Anyway, at 237 and age 25, I look back at photos and I looked really good. My face especially looked thin and pointy. But when I was 35 and on my big "weight loss journey" I felt like I still didn't look great (IMO) at 237 lb. I started looking better around 218 in my opinion.

When I hit 165-166, I didn't expect to look as thin as I did. My legs looked very long and skinny compared to even at 170 lb. I know how nuts that sounds as it is a difference of only 4-5 lb but it's odd to me because I can really see a difference in photos. I've bounced around the 170s for several years now and very rarely dip into 168-169 at all, but when I do I can immediately see a marked difference in photos...as weird and unbelievable as that sounds.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    I haven't chosen an ultimate goal weight for that reason. I know I want to be somewhere within a healthy BMI range and that's mostly what I'm aiming for, and I figure I'll know when I'm there based on how things look.
  • Kst76
    I do know this feeling somewhat. Way back in 2001, I hit 237 lb and I felt "thin" which I know is crazy, but I was usually around 270-280. Anyway, at 237 and age 25, I look back at photos and I looked really good. My face especially looked thin and pointy. But when I was 35 and on my big "weight loss journey" I felt like I still didn't look great (IMO) at 237 lb. I started looking better around 218 in my opinion.

When I hit 165-166, I didn't expect to look as thin as I did. My legs looked very long and skinny compared to even at 170 lb. I know how nuts that sounds as it is a difference of only 4-5 lb but it's odd to me because I can really see a difference in photos. I've bounced around the 170s for several years now and very rarely dip into 168-169 at all, but when I do I can immediately see a marked difference in photos...as weird and unbelievable as that sounds.

I belive it! Good job :)
  • nettiklive
    nettiklive Posts: 206 Member

I totally believe it. I'm only 5'4 and small framed so five lbs make a difference on me visually, and 10-15 are a huge difference, in fact 15 lbs is the difference between my highest and lowest weights ever and I look like two totally different people, I kid you not. I still don't understand how that is but photos show it, especially because weight seems to go to my face right away and really changes it.
  • kabrina30
    kabrina30 Posts: 94 Member
    I'm so glad I saw this thread! About eight years ago I lost some weight and felt so great about how I looked. I'm about 25 lbs less right now than I was then and I still feel so fat! It's been messing with my head. Glad to know others have had the same experience.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    I am the same weight I was 6 years ago and am actually fatter in my arms and legs now. Literally 2 inches bigger in my arms. My legs are about an inch and a half bigger. It's weird.