Ice cream Feen!!

13»

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I've had every single pint of low calorie ice cream just about. Personally, I think these are the best:

Halo Top: Caramel Macchiato
    Enlightened: Chocolate Peanut Butter or Cookies & Cream
    Arctic Zero: Toffee Crunch Light Ice Cream (or if you can only find their traditional flavors, their peanut butter swirl chunky pint for 300 calories reminds me of polish water ice if you let it thaw)

I'm not as crazy about the Breyer's Delights or the Sweet Habit ice cream (Sweet Habit freezes WAY too dense).

I usually stock up when these brands go on sale and in the meantime I've found that a VERY satisfying alternative (for those who love coffee) is this:

-1 scoop of Quest protein powder (any flavor)
    -1 cup of international delight iced coffee
    -frozen banana optional, make sure it's peeled and chopped
    -ice (use less ice if you use frozen banana)
    Blend, and enjoy possibly one of the best protein shakes without using up a ton of calories!
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Halo Top feels much more...ice milkish... than the Breyers 300 calorie a tub ones. I mean, they're both ice cream, but the Breyers is much more satisfying.

I just finished the last serving in a pint of Breyers, and sitting here watching my peke try to work out how to lick the cardboard tub. The frustrations of being a smoosh-faced doggie with deep container...
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited May 2018
    I really love yasso greek yogurt bars. Only 100 cals per bar and they have a lot of flavors. My favs are chocolate chip cookie dough and fudge brownie. They don’t taste “diet’y” either.

I’ve also be into friendly’s sundae cups. I just buy one at a time, because I don’t trust myself lmao. I dunno.......I rather have a small serving of REAL ice cream then air infused cream like halo top. I could never get into halo top and enlightened for some reason. They taste bland to me.
  • waltherelisabeth
    waltherelisabeth Posts: 1 Member
    I agree with the comments about Halo Top :smile: so good!
    Anybody else love mango-chili popsicles (mango con chili paletas) or any other fruit-based paletas? So good! It leaves you feeling full and cools you down, and your mouth feels all tingly from the chili :smiley: I live in Southern California so ive always gotten them from a Mexican ice cream shop or from a paletero, but I just googled it and there are recipes online to make them yourself, which would be ideal for tracking. I saw a recipe for it that was just puréed mango, Greek yogurt and honey as the mango base. Definitely a healthier option. If you want something super low-effort you could even just put a mango in the fridge and then top with chamoy or tajin. Definitely a great way to cool down!
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    I really love yasso greek yogurt bars. Only 100 cals per bar and they have a lot of flavors. My favs are chocolate chip cookie dough and fudge brownie. They don’t taste “diet’y” either.

I’ve also be into friendly’s sundae cups. I just buy one at a time, because I don’t trust myself lmao. I dunno.......I rather have a small serving of REAL ice cream then air infused cream like halo top. I could never get into halo top and enlightened for some reason. They taste bland to me.

They don't carry the fudge brownie ones at my store! That sounds delicious...I'll have to see if I can find them elsewhere!
  • pmcha
    pmcha Posts: 0 Member
    Try new Breyers Delight. It’s great. You’ll never touch Halotop again. Calories for pint go from 270 to 330. It tastes like ice cream; Halo Top tastes like foam. It’s not low carb but it has s low calorie and it’s really good.