Avid cruisers

Options
124»

Replies

• OkChargerFan2
    OkChargerFan2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    From my understanding, MSC don’t charge a percentage if the package is bought prior to embankment, but once onboard there’s a 15% service charge. That saves several hundred dollars and really has me turning away from NCL to try out MSC.

It can suck having to fly to the embarkment port, but for us here in Oklahoma, we don’t have a choice. I actually don’t mind for the most part because we plan on always flying in early or staying after to explore that city as well.

I’ve been on cruise critic and joined the roll call to meet people who will also be on the same cruise, but I haven’t come across anyone close to our age. The older crowd doesn’t seem to have the same interests we have like parasailing.
    I’m sorry, but parasailing is the best!
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    My wife and I cruised to Bermuda on our honeymoon in 1983 and went on another in October of 2016. That time we went with about a dozen of her relatives too. Had a great time. So twice in over 30 years doesn’t make us “avid” but we’ve been lucky enough to have enjoyed the experience.