How much of my stomach is fat/loose skin

I've lost 6 and a half stone a few years ago and I've had two children, I'm 27 and 109 pound and 4 foot 11. I sick of dieting, I feel like I'm never gonna get the body I want unless I have a tummy tuck. How much of my stomach is fat? Is the only way a tummy tuck?
Thank you :)lyzdei167mke.jpg
lt6c362g33m2.jpg
levd3gu9t0zk.jpg
4rno5o6iosuv.jpg

Replies

• BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    You're a healthy weight for your height. How long have you been at this weight? Do you lift weights at all?
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Maybe a couple of lbs of fat, the rest? Loose skin IMHO not much to do except abdominoplasty :|
  • Hannahjane123456
    Hannahjane123456 Posts: 116 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I've seen your other threads and I know you have been struggling for quite a while with this. You have had 2 babies and lost a great deal of weight in the past. It can take upwards of a couple of years for your skin to improve.

Have you been recomping? If you have not been recomping, this is not dieting, its eating your calories to maintain your weigh and still be able to build muscle and lose fat. If you have been doing it already its a slow process and probably why you are not seeing major improvements since have loose skin as well. With recomp there really is no end, its an extension of your maintain weight with working on body composition, so if you are not doing it, start, if you have keep going with it.

I've been lifting weights 6x a week, but I've not been really sticking to a diet that much until the last 2 weeks or so, I just feel like there's no point anymore with diet and maybe I should just do a body recomp what you said or have a tummy tuck, it's just annoying I want a flat tummy like everyone else.
  • Hannahjane123456
    You're a healthy weight for your height. How long have you been at this weight? Do you lift weights at all?

I've been lifting weights now for over 15 months and I can see a lot of improvement in my legs and arms and back which I'm happy about. I've been around this weight since November I think.
  • fpanozzo
    fpanozzo Posts: 1 Member
    What does "recomping" mean?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited April 2018
    The way I see it, you have 2 options. Invasive treatment or non- invasive treatment. Non- invasive would mean to focus on diet and fitness@recomp as suggested by Roxie, until you have the thinner skin droop as JaydedMiss stated earlier as loose skin, then opt for a Thermage belly skin tightening. Invasive treatment would be a tiny tuck or tummy tuck as initially suggested by bfanny, which may or may not leave you needing to do a recomp post surgery anyway.

ETA:. Even if you inculcated liposuction with surgery, you still might need to recomp as results take 6 months to set in anyway.
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    I feel your pain. That's how my belly, thighs, underarms, and breasts look. I want to get work done as well, although affording it is a major hurdle for me (single, live alone, work a minimum wage job, family thinks I should just be "happy with how I am" and won't help me out financially). Two years in the gym hasn't seemed to do anything for my loose skin. If anything, its gotten worse.

Unfortunatley in terms of loose skin, you're options are pretty much: have surgery, learn to live with it, or hit the gym and hope after a few years the skin snaps back somewhat.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    skin bouncing back also has to do with your elasticity. if you dont have enough its not going to budge. and for some the faster you gained and lost the weight the more skin you end up with when you lose it again. seen that happen with my sister.she has gained and lost so many times that every time she gains and loses quickly it gets worse each time.But with her she doesnt lift weights or do any exercise.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    i can understand how you feel. I can tell you look pretty fit. Go see a few doctors who performs tummy tucks and get professional medical advice/consultations. You can find out for sure if you're a candidate for surgery and face how much it costs so you can plan. On the website real self.. women who have tummy tucks have the highest approval rating over most all other cosmetic improvement procedures.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Did you lose your weight very quickly? generally that's when the skin is inclined to hang looser because of a speedy loss. It was a mega loss though, and hats off to ya but its no wonder you have loose skin - when we spend time being overweight its a given long term loose skin will happen unfortunately

With being young it could well tighten up yet, strength training is your best bet.

I wont be the one telling you to have a tummy tuck, any surgery is risky and its not like having loose skin is life threatening, its just a vanity thing. You haven't shown side shots but your tummy actually looks pretty flat to me.

Keep that area moisturised well, an oily type of moisturiser might help - there are probably tightening body moisturisers out there you could try? over time the look of the skin is likely to improve.
  • Hannahjane123456
    Did you lose your weight very quickly? generally that's when the skin is inclined to hang looser because of a speedy loss. It was a mega loss though, and hats off to ya but its no wonder you have loose skin - when we spend time being overweight its a given long term loose skin will happen unfortunately

With being young it could well tighten up yet, strength training is your best bet.

I wont be the one telling you to have a tummy tuck, any surgery is risky and its not like having loose skin is life threatening, its just a vanity thing. You haven't shown side shots but your tummy actually looks pretty flat to me.

Keep that area moisturised well, an oily type of moisturiser might help - there are probably tightening body moisturisers out there you could try? over time the look of the skin is likely to improve.

Well I gained the weight pretty quickly, I just would eat and eat just to make myself feel better and then I lost most of it in 18 months, I was around 19 when I gained weight and time I was 21-22 I just had enough and decided to change. I have had two children and there actually 3 and 17 months right now.
  • Hannahjane123456
    I just feel though that I'm only young once and I have all my family telling me if I lose any more weight I will look too thin and I will look ill.
    It's really annoying though, because I might look slim in clothes but underneath there's still some fat on my tummy to lose, they don't see it that way there.